“Great Chinatown Experience!”

Cuisines: Chinese
Neighborhood: Soho
Neighborhood: Soho
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Not a fancy place for a long sit down dinner but a great place for delicious food and an authentic Chinatown experience. It was perfect for a quick pre-theater meal because of its proximity to the theater district. I had read a number of on-line reviews and scouted out what to order before we arrived, which was good because the menu is large and the staff does not speak much English. The ladies are friendly, though, and do their best to please. My husband and I shared an order of the steamed dumplings, which were being handmade in the window of the restaurant throughout our meal, and the spicy pork noodles, which were also handmade. Everything was fresh and flavorful. Most of the clientele was Asian. No alcohol. Cash only. We tried to tip our very accommodating waitress, but she would not accept it. She told us "just come back", which we will definitely do our next time in London.

1  Thank maryga12

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Small restaurant without any luxe. You might have to share table. Great dumplings and tapioca shakes. There are more dishes at the menu but dumplings and gyozas are the best. You can see how they prepare it through the window. Fast service.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Simple, small cafe serving great home cooked Chinese food. We enjoyed various dumplings, greens with oyster sauce and pork with rice with tea for just over £20. All the dishes were tasty and authentic. A friend who spent his childhood in Hong Kong said it was tasted just like Kowloon!

Reviewed August 5, 2012

As others have said, a little bit of the orient! A basic cafe, where you will possibly have to share a table, but the service is friendly enough and quick. This was my first visit so I went for their famous Beijing dumplings with steamed rice. On the table you find hot chilli oil, soy, and black rice vinegar, so you can spice things up a bit. I will definitely be back on my next visit to London!

Reviewed July 3, 2012

I've been going for lunch at this place for the last five or six years, to the point that the Chinese women who work in there now don't really bother asking me what I'd like, one portion of steamed dumplings, one coke... amazing dumplings which never fail to boost my spirits. One portion isn't quite enough for lunch, I took a good friend of mine who was in town the other day and we shared a portion of steamed greens with garlic and soy which was great. I also go quite often with another friend who has the noodles with pork

2  Thank Simon G