“Does what it says on the tin ( sort of!)”

Hyde Park Executive Apartments
Ranked #910 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Does what it says on the tin ( sort of!)”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Dont be fooled by the name or location - this is basically a businessman's hostel. That said, good location and sub £100 per night is attractive. The rooms look nothing like those on the website. Staying in a club room I hoped for somewhere to work but had to move the kettle and toaster to make space to do so. TV & Bed are behind you and you feel like a student in a suit! Free WiFi helpful - would I stay again, probably, but only if my preferred hotels were full. As soon as you see a request for photo ID upon arrival I think you sense the level in which you're staying but, for a bolt hole at decent prices, and decent rates, try it - you wont use it often though!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Moomochan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
india
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Stayed here for 02 nights in 01st week of November.
Had booked a medium luxury suite. My flight arrived into London at 7 AM and I was at the reception desk a few mins before 9. I knew that the check-in time was 2 PM, but requested the clerk at the desk if there was ANY room available ( i was even willing to pay a bit more for an upgrade). Half expecting the gentleman to come back saying "sorry nothings available we're fully booked, or we have an upgrade available for .so and so.. GBP extra", I was pleasantly surprised to be told there was indeed a room available, and they would be happy to let me have it, but it was on the 3rd floor and was a Double Delux, which is slightly smaller than the Medium Luxury Suite I had originally reserved.

I was tired,and desperately needed a shower and change before heading out for a business meeting, so I gratefully accepted the offer.
There is an elevator which worked absolutely fine.

The room was small, but totally adequate for one person. I think even two people with minimal luggage would have found the room size just about right.
The bed was made for 2.
The room, towels, linen, bathroom were clean. No complaints whatsoever.

Each room has a small kitchenette, with sink, toaster, microwave, mini fridge, kettle, perfect for those wanting to do a bit of light cooking.
There is no air conditioning which is not a bother if you are coming in the colder months.
The room did have a heater though.
Bathroom was small, specially the shower area, but clean and functioning.

The best part of this hotel is the location. Literally 2 mins walk away from Bayswater ( District line, with connection to Piccadilly line that connects to Heathrow) and Queensway ( Central line, couple of stops away Marble Arch , bond street, Oxford Circus) tube stations.

Plenty of restaurants and supermarkets in immediate vicinity.

There a a few hostels in the same street, with majorly young travelers. they tend to hang around the area in groups, smoking and drinking beer and can look intimidating, but are not bothersome.

The area is safe to walk about at night.

I paid less than 100 GBP per night and found it totally value for money.

Would definitely consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the higher floor.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank skytrack
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 4, 2013

me and my husband went for a couple of days and stayed at this compartment.
the appartment cannot be in a more better place than this. reason being it was in a spot where you can get to all londons attractions via tube easily.
the staff was lovely.the room was not bad.
the room and appartment was too humid and warm that even if you have a fan on in there you are still hot.
also the bed was not comfy due to mattress being springy,had a backache.
but for the price it is ok.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I was concerned about the Hyde Park Exec Apts afrter reading some of the reviews so I wanted to make sure that I reviewed it myself. We stayed on the Club Floor and had a room at the back. The back is quieter because there are no street noises. The room was a little larger than the club floor rooms in the front. We had 2 bikes, our luggage and still had room to sit and eat and relax. The Club Room was exactly as it showed on the web site. Our first night we had a room in the front and it had the typical street noises but a great view of the pretty street and some of Hyde Park. So it really is a trade off - street noise and view or quiet and no view. But this is totally typical of this part of London. I am very picky about the beds and I was able to sleep well there for 1 week. The staff were VERY helpful. Going out of their way to accomodate our needs. If you are nice to people, they are usually very nice in return. The location is spectacular. 2 minute walk to 2 tube stations, great restaurants, quiet neighborhood, local grocer and very pretty neighborhood. I would absolutey stay there again.

Room Tip: We stayed in 217 which at at the back of the Club Floor. These rooms are larager and quieter.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on a one night trip to London. After reading the reviews here, I expected nothing less than an absolute dog show. But it seems it's a case of the luck of the draw with this place.I had a double deluxe room. It was sizable, clean and looked pretty much the way it did in the pictures online. Only real con was a sort of damp smell that may have been an issue if it was a longer stay. I was also in the basement near a hallway door so had some noise from people moving through the corridor. I've paid more to stay in worse hotels in London so all in all, a satisfactory stay.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

When we book to stay in London I go purely for location and value for money. With that in mind these apartments are ideally located and at £100 a night not bad value for London prices.
As you leave the tube you walk 2 minutes down the street to the apartments past the gangs of kids smoking weed and drinking cans of special brew. Not the best first impression.
As everybody has already said, the apartments are nothing like what you see on the pictures. That's not to say because they are small they aren't adequate because they are perfect for a couple of nights, I wouldn't recommend any longer.
We were in the basement which was a bigger room than our friends up on the 3rd floor.
We had 3 nights there and no sign of a cleaner. The only wifi is in the tiny reception area so it gets busy In there for obvious reasons.

Overall decent enough value for money.
Would I stay again?
Probably not but that is not because of the room it's because of the run down area it's located in and the gangs of people hanging around 24/7.
I'm no shrinking violet so I wasn't fussed about them but my wife and the friends we were with felt very intimidated. I wouldn't recommend it to family or friends.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed October 12, 2013

1. Requested 2 more pillows and a fan (3 times!!)
2. Hallway was hot! With no airflow
3. Dirty linen and rubbish left at the front of our door daily
4. Receptionist could not book black cab (didn't know the number) could only book a private car.
5. Wifi only available in lobby, rooms available upon request (with additional charge)
6. Mattress was horribly sore
7. No curtains
8. Medium luxury suite is 1 room with ensuite (no luxury)
9. SLOW lift

I could go on but I think I will leave it there. We booked this accomodation to finish off our honeymoon... What a mistake and a disaster. I was willing to overlook a few things but it just got worse. Book this place only if u NEED to

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple