1,369 results
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 11, 2013

The apartments are ideally located right next to both hyde park and kensington gardens and 3 subway stations so very easy to get around. We arrived earlier than the 2pm check in time, the gent on reception was polite and said he would check if a room was ready which it was. We were given directions and off we went. Seems to be a large complex, we walked through a few doors and along some corridors then across a glass walkway and arrived at our room, we found a housekeeper still servicing the room but no big issue he was only a few minutes and he was done. We went in for a medium luxury room there was not much luxury about it. I have seen nicer premier inn rooms. 1 double bed in the corner, 1 cupboard, a 20" flat screen on the wall, 2 chairs, a small breakfast bar with 2 stools, double hob some cupboards, a microwave and a fridge. The kitchenette was very modern and clean, fridge needed turned up as it wasn't very cold but energy efficient I guess. The bathroom consisted of 1 shower cubicle not for the larger person I am 5ft 9 medium build and it was tight for me! There was a slight foul smell coming from the drains so we kept the bathroom door closed. No great view 2 window both looked onto a wall no more than 2m away one of which was at the previous mention glass walk way. We stayed 3 nights the room was never serviced and no fresh towels which is a bit disappointing. Our flight wasn't till later at night, they offer a storage facility for only £5 per room can't really complain at that price in London. All in all average room at £100 per night but definitely not luxury! I feel there are better hotels in the surrounding area for that price.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Lets start off with the good. Great location, clean rooms. Now the not so good. Checking in took ages which surprised us when we had already pre booked. Then to find out the lift was not working and we had to drag our bags up two flights of stairs - as the lift had not been working for a few days as they waiting for a part you would have thought they would have got someone to take bags up to rooms if you required. As the name says executive apartments we thought there would be air con - but no and as it was a hot day in the capital this was not good. To get air you had to leave the window open and as the apartments are on a busy road the noise was not good. Not only that you have to leave a £20 deposit if you want a hairdryer - executive apartments with no hairdryer - I do not think so. Plus the safe did not work which again is not an executive apartment, is it. The room is compact but to be honest that is not an issue but management you really need to get air con or fans in each room and come on hairdryers should be standard. But honestly location fantastic you can not fault that.

Room Tip: Check lift works and if hot make sure your room is at the back of the apartments to bring down the noise.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a few days. I expected something more. The room was in -1 floor and was simply. But enough for sleeping. Was not really close to city but metro was just few meters from hotel. Next the hotel was the hyde park.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Bad point:
We were there for 3 nights via booking.com, we didnt aware they need to charge us 3% service charge if we pay by credit card. If we would know then we will bring Cash. The staff not asking you whether you want to pay by Pounds or your own country currency but straightly to my own country currency. The day I paid is 1 Pound vs HKD12.5 and when I back is 1 Pound vs HKD11.60. I paid around 32 Pounds more for the hotel expense. Please watch out this point..
The staff is very cool, no smile (except when we check it), we asked question, they answered but not with kindly attitude.
After check out as our flight is 22:00, storage luggage is 5 Pounds - first time in my life to have storage fee being charged in a hotel we used.
Dont expect must helpful tips from staff.
No cleaning or gabbish taking, or clean tower during your whole stay. May be apartment means you need to take care by your own. No additional gabbish bag in room, we need to sort it our by ourselves.
There is a dish washer but nothing to help to clean.. either you can use your finger to clean to oily stuff, or like us to cut one small piece of own tower for washing things up.
Good Point:
Location is great, cannot complain. Nearby Queensway and Bayswater, lots of supermarket around although it seems the area mainly middle east people group
The room is around 10 sqm with toilet/showert, 4 feet bed and a small kitchen. same as what internet said.

Room Tip: Better not face the street as it is noisy when you open the window and you must open the window as no air conditioner in the room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We booked a "Medium Luxury Suite" for two nights and payed approx. 300 pounds for it.
The price is not a problem, we knew that upfront, though that was no surprise.
What we didn't expect though was the fact that this "Luxury" appartment was very small, which you don't get to see looking at the pictures shown on the website.
The microwave oven was'nt working.
No airconditioning so you you have to open the window to get some fresh air. With that, lots of annoying street noise is entering the room. Closing the window doesn't help too much for it's just single glass windows.

While checking out we asked if we could leave our suitecase (one, a small trolley) there because we had a very late flight back. I never (I have travelled a lot for many years) found a (appartment)hotel where that would be a problem. Normally they do that with a smile and all the time as a free service. But not here. At the "Hyde Park Luxury Appartments" they charge five pounds to keep your suitcase in a locked room.
I asked the receptionist the reason for this because when we checked in (early) they didn't charge anything for the same thing. She couldn't come up with another answer than: "this is our policy".
That policy however I couldn't find anywhere on their website.

No, this so called "Luxrury Appartments Hotel" we will never book again.

Room Tip: Don't go here
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple