“Clean, comfortable and great location!”

Hyde Park Executive Apartments
Ranked #916 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed January 4, 2013

My friend and I stayed here for a long weekend, and we were very happy with our stay!
We found the room very clean, and decor modern and ideal for what we were looking for! Our own fridge, and breakfast bar! Just what we needed to have our home away from home and rest our head after long days out visiting London!
Personally, for us, the location wasn't ideal. We did struggle to get home after the tube station had closed. But we were just not used to the location.
Would defiantly return for similar trip!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed January 3, 2013

.....if you chose to stay here I urge you to state you do not want a basement appartment !! My partner and I stayed here for two nights over New Year. When we arrived the staff were gracious and friendly and check-in was completed quickly. Our appartment was on the basement floor and was at the front of the building so we could here people walking by and arriving at the front door. The appartment itself was clean, tidy and as shown in the pictures on the website so we were pleased. When it came to bedtime we realised that we were directly below the reception area and all night you could hear people moving about, dragging luggage and talking, needless to say we had very interrupted sleep during our stay.
The location is fantastic and there are plenty of shops / bars nearby. We took a walk to Winter Wonderland one evening but would suggest that you take the bus as it was a good 20-25 minute walk !
My partner and I are going to return this year for another short stay but will definately NOT be staing on the basement floor !

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Newtons17
Reviewed December 15, 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights and then 2 nights (went to Paris in there). Yes the rooms are small, but they are fine! A kitchen to have breakfast in and make a snack, a decent bathroom, laundry facilities on the 3rd floor. The bed did well, suck, but I have slept on worse ones. The staff are friendly and are available from 8am until midnight I believe. There is no wifi in the rooms, but you can get internet in the rooms for a cost. (or free in the lobby) Very close to the underground, Boots, good pubs, everything you need really. The kitchen was stocked with 2 of everything (cups, plates, bowls, etc) I did pop over to Boots to buy a cheap throw away dishcloth and washing up liquid as I was making breakfast in the room. We had a burnt out light bulb in the bathroom and there was a guy there to change it pretty quickly. All in all, I really enjoyed it. I think yes, they could use some new mattresses, but I think I would return. I often sat in the lobby and surfed the web and always felt comfortable doing so. Security of the building is good too I felt. Enjoy and go out and explore London! Don't sit in your room!

Room Tip: The 3rd floor room we had was great as the window opened up wide and we could see onto the street.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 6, 2012

not bad, clean and decent location - close to some good london boozers, tube stop and convenence stores etc. over the road from hyde park. cheap and cheerful. only slight issue is you can hear the tube train, but doesn;t affect sleeping (especially after a drink or two)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 6, 2012

The good :
excellent location close to tube stations, supermarkets & hyde park.
room was fairly spacious, clean and modern, well heated
very good shower
room was well equipped - had all we needed for our 3 day stay (including iron & ironing board & all cooking implements)
Service was efficient & friendly
The bad:
no problem with not servicing rooms daily in such a place, but we needed e.. dish-wasing liquid, tea towel etc and these should be provided
internet in room an extra cost (£6 per day so not expensive)

But we paid a fair price and at £75 per night this was outstanding value in London

In short look elsewhere I am sure you could find something better than this place for the price

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2012

In short, good points
1/ Close to Underground
2/ Close to supermarkets
3/ Room was clean, warm and modern
Bad Points
1/ Self contained, ahhh no. We had no Iron, Iron board, Kettle and all cooking implements. After complaining they provided these. From previous reviews this seems to be the norm
2/ Dont provide anything in the way of washing liquid, teatowels etc, apparently you have to buy these yourself. I have never seen this anywhere in the world
3/ Wireless doesnt exist in your room, you have to fight for a seat in front of reception to access internet (nothing,ike the 90's). Oh when it is working of course
4/ Anything and everything they charge you for
5/ Room was cleaned only once in 9 nights, talk about service.
6/ The door near our room was banged against the wall by the cleaners all morning, nothing like looking after your hotel guests sleep. I eventually had to threaten the staff before they got the hint.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mark_Little2
Reviewed November 16, 2012

The most perfect about this hotel is the location where there are a lot of bars, restaurants, a shop center, super market nearby so you can stay at this area and enjoy whenever you want. Also, there is a tube station very close and a bus station nearby where in 3-4 stops (less than 5') you reach Oxford street!The room is clean but it is too small, for sure not an apartment as advertised and we paid 100 euro per night!Also, there are no hotel services there is only a coin machine if you want to have a coffee.Also, all the rooms are anti-smoking and we had to go downstairs and outside to smoke a cigarette! I suggest it only for young people tha want to stay close to the center!

Room Tip: Take a street view room!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple