“Rooms are OK but.....shop around elsewhere”

Hyde Park Executive Apartments
Ranked #920 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed November 20, 2012

In short, good points
1/ Close to Underground
2/ Close to supermarkets
3/ Room was clean, warm and modern
Bad Points
1/ Self contained, ahhh no. We had no Iron, Iron board, Kettle and all cooking implements. After complaining they provided these. From previous reviews this seems to be the norm
2/ Dont provide anything in the way of washing liquid, teatowels etc, apparently you have to buy these yourself. I have never seen this anywhere in the world
3/ Wireless doesnt exist in your room, you have to fight for a seat in front of reception to access internet (nothing,ike the 90's). Oh when it is working of course
4/ Anything and everything they charge you for
5/ Room was cleaned only once in 9 nights, talk about service.
6/ The door near our room was banged against the wall by the cleaners all morning, nothing like looking after your hotel guests sleep. I eventually had to threaten the staff before they got the hint.
In short look elsewhere I am sure you could find something better than this place for the price

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mark_Little2

Reviewed November 16, 2012

The most perfect about this hotel is the location where there are a lot of bars, restaurants, a shop center, super market nearby so you can stay at this area and enjoy whenever you want. Also, there is a tube station very close and a bus station nearby where in 3-4 stops (less than 5') you reach Oxford street!The room is clean but it is too small, for sure not an apartment as advertised and we paid 100 euro per night!Also, there are no hotel services there is only a coin machine if you want to have a coffee.Also, all the rooms are anti-smoking and we had to go downstairs and outside to smoke a cigarette! I suggest it only for young people tha want to stay close to the center!

Room Tip: Take a street view room!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Before booking, I called the hotel to see if they could improve on the best available online price...and they did.

Room and bathroom are modern, but, like many other reviewers, I did notice a few cracks. Small kitchen area with a cooker,kettle, toaster, fridge and utensils. However, washing up liquid, sponges/cloths, tea/coffee, sugar are not provided. (Toaster managed to set off the smoke alarm!) Flat screen TV approx 20" mounted to the wall, but choice of channels is limited (no radio channels). On a positive note, Queensway and Bayswater tube stations are located within a couple of minutes walk, (bus stops even closer) as well as lots of tourist shops, Tesco, Sainsburys (to get your milk and tea bags!), and various other shops, pubs, eateries, fast-food, cinema, 10 pin bowling and ice skating. Drinks are available to buy in the reception area, but are on the expensive side.On checking out, I asked to leave luggage and collect later, but they demanded a whopping £5! Noooooo.....

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank 131PP
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Location is great because a few meters away is the subway and bus stop. Also, if you plan to eat at the Ledbury, it is a 15-20 minute walk.
Do not expect a full-service lobby but it has a coin-operated coffee machine and a snack/soda vending machine. You can reserve a taxi for when you leave. Also, the reception lobby opens at 8 am.
The room itself is more spacious than we expected. It contains a ref, microwave, sink, and vitroceramic hob.
The bed was not as comfy as we wanted because the foam was not that thick.
The bathroom was bigger than expected and very clean but the shower stall was very small - tall people would definitely have no space to bend.
If we return to London, we would definitely come back.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Myself and my partner were really not happy with our experience at Hyde park "executive" apartments. For £92 a night we were expecting something much nicer than what we got. Check in was quick which was a bonus but when we arrived in our room we were less than happy. The room was tiny. The walls were covered in cracks. The bed had a spring actually hanging out of the mattress. The tv was faulty. You could hear people next door like they were in your room. The room was either absolutely freeZing or boiling! One positive is that the power shower was brilliant. I complained to a man on reception and he said if we paid more we can have a better room. No way was I paying more than what we had paid already. We could of stayed in a hotel for less but chose this place as the pictures on the website made it look like a really nice place to stay but it definitely wasn't. I wouldn't advise staying here mainly because you can get so much more for your money elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Lana90
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Don't be fooled by the exterior facade of these apartments. The building is amazing - it's just a shame that as soon as you walk through the door it goes from magnificent to minging.....This was described as an apartment - this was a cubby hole bedsit at best. The website said that you were provided with a hairdryer - not true. What's worse though is that the towels were threadbare. There was only one thin sheet on the bed with no mattress protector and both the pillows were so stained I ended up sleeping on top of the duvet using my clothes as a pillow. It was unbelievably hot and there were far too many hairs that weren't mine throughout the room. I'd hate to think how 2 people would cope. As a single woman I also didn't feel particularly safe as the lighting was on a sensor motion that wasn't working in the corridors. All in all a truly dreadful experience and I'm just relieved I was only there for one night.

Room Tip: Don't bother!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank fairway68
Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

I will definitely rebook to stay again soon, if its sight seeing shopping eating drinking seeing a show this location is fantastic. We only stayed in our apartment to sleep otherwise so much to do and see I can't believe that being in the centre if London (2 tube station 5 minute walk) to find somewhere to stay within my budget it was a compact studio apartment and it certainly didn't disappoint me my friend, we stayed in apartment 415 and it was great, because of the cost we had more money to spend sight seeing. I'll be back!

• Stayed: October 2012