1,370 results
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 1, 2012

There was a cockroach infestation in our room. I saw at least 5 young cockroaches, which were running in and out of a hole in the wall just next to the shower.

Wasn't very clean, hard bed with flat pillow, crappy shower, very basic room.

The ONLY good point was the location. Not worth sharing with cockroaches, though.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lisa d
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I stayed in a Double Room apartment with a friend for three nights.
The price is unbeatable for the location of the hotel. It is situated conveniently only a few minutes walk from Bayswater and Queensway Underground stations, and only a minute away from Hyde Park.

Our room was small. Just a tiny kitchenette, a double bed, a closet and a bathroom. The shower is quite snug and waterpressure low, but temperature of the water is steady and nice. Our room was on the 3rd floor, facing the street, and Saturday night was occasionally noisy, but not more than expected from staying in a city. The other nights were quiteter. We slept with the window open all nights.

The bed is litterally the worst bed I have ever slept in! A hard, spring mattress, creaking at every move. I slept a maximum of 3-4 hours every night (going to bed at 11pm and getting up at 8am) due to never finding a comfortable position that did not hurt. I had a strong urge to sleep on the hardwood floor, as it looked softer to me on the third night there. The bed is also against the wall, so if you are sharing the bed, one of you will have to get in from the foot end of the bed.

The staff is nice and helpful and you can borrow electrical adaptors, hairdryers or internet cables for a deposit.

There is free wireless internet on the ground floor, but the sitting area provided is limited to 2 sofas, so be prepared to surf next to someone you don't know.

All in all a nice stay, but I could not recommend staying for more than maximum 2 nights due to the bed.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 26, 2012

I recently stayed here over the last week- my first impressions...Location- Excellent a 2 minute walk from Queensway and very easy to find. Check in- Ok, foreign, the housekeeper couldnt speak english and unfortunately couldnt direct me back to reception (confusing corridors). The room- very dissatisfied- I had asked to be placed on the first floor as i cannot use lifts, and i was put right at the top floor.... millions of stairs later...the room was small, not what i had booked or seen ''medium double luxury''..there was a dead bee on the floor, the view looked back onto the dingy opposites of another hotel/hostel and the towels on the bed were soaking wet? The wall was badly marked by people moving the TV also. I addressed my situation with a receptionist who was happy to show me a different room, BUT was in the basement? This room was much bigger in size, which i wanted but the views, not so. I took the room and the receptionist was very laid back about the situation. I found it odd that even as an apartment, no body came to clean? make the beds or change the towels? There are also no facilities to wash up with so bring your own dish cloth, fairy liquid and dryer! I did have a good stay but it could have been made better by facilities such as compendiums in the rooms, i had no idea how to get anywhere etc and a comfier bed. The stay was made better by the fact of the room move and also the fact the shower was strong . I would stay here again as it was very cheap and in an ideal location but if you are not happy with your room ask to move!

Room Tip: Ask to change if you are not happy!! Bring your own fairy liquid, cloths and tea bags :)
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 25, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights in January. We knew at around £65 this was cheaper than a hotel and was well located. We didn’t expect a lot, but this place was still smaller than I imagined!

We booked a ‘medium suite’ as the website gave the impression that it was larger than the ‘double luxury studio’ and had a small seating area that included an armchair and a table.

It’s true that the medium suite is in a slightly longer room, but the only real difference is that in the double you sleep with the kitchenette parallel with you, whereas in the ‘suite’ it’s a couple of feet further away. The pictures are an accurate representation of the rooms, it’s just that they’re photographed very cleverly in order to make them seem more spacious.

Our apartment was in the main building at 8-18 Inverness Terrace. We were initially given a basement ‘suite’ which was incredibly warm and people walking around above generated a lot of noise. It did not appear to match the website pictures as it was lacking the armchair and table.

To be fair to the staff, they were very accommodating – we dealt with Arthur who tried to help out as much as possible. I initially thought I had wrongly been given a ‘double studio’ rather than the ‘medium suite’. Arthur therefore gave me the keys to another room and invited me to inspect it – this room was on floor 4 at the top of the building. I then realised that the ‘medium suites’ are indeed small. However, this room had an armchair and table and was much cooler than the basement flat (although the downside is that it is more sensitive to noise coming from outside on the street!). We opted to go for the top floor room since the basement was too warm (even for January!).

However, upon our return to reception Arthur noted that we still felt disappointed with the room and allowed us to instead stay in the ‘Executive Luxury Suite’ on the top floor. We were very happy with this room – the kitchen and the bedroom were in separate areas, but the room was still essentially open-plan. The room also contained a small dining table with four seats. The kitchen area contained a sofa bed, but this room would be pretty cramped for four people.

I can’t imagine we’d want to pay the full price for the ‘Executive Luxury Suite’. My advice is that if you only intend to sleep and shower in your room then this is a fantastic location in London – you might as well book the cheapest room and accept that you’ll be living in a small area. If you want more space then book a hotel instead.

Just to point out that aside from the kitchen equipment (plates/glasses, cutlery), the only things provided are towels, bed sheets, toilet roll and soap. The ‘Power Shower’ is pretty feeble and it’s a bit of a cheek to call it that. The bathroom is very small with not much room to move in the shower. The beds are fixed next to the wall, so if there are two of you then one is going to have to climb in and out of the bed at the bottom end rather than from the side. The ironing board tiny, although there is plenty of space in the wardrobe.

If you go into this with your eyes open then I’m sure you’ll be happy.

Room Tip: Basement avoids outside noise, but is VERY warm and you're likely to hear people walking around above you. Top floor was nice and cool, but you could hear noise from the street later at night (this was the lesser of two evils!)
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank siCTR
Reviewed January 22, 2012

Overall, we enjoyed our stay at this property. It's in a very convenient location, the staff were friendly and helpful, and we were comfortable there. However, there were a few issues:

- Strange microwave not functioning properly, instructions only in Spanish
- No dishwashing detergent, dish cloths or drying towels
- No tea, coffee, sugar etc

This may be fair enough if you're staying in a hostel, but to call the accommodation "Executive Apartments" and have these type of problems is not really good enough.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple