1,375 results
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 22, 2012

Overall, we enjoyed our stay at this property. It's in a very convenient location, the staff were friendly and helpful, and we were comfortable there. However, there were a few issues:

- Strange microwave not functioning properly, instructions only in Spanish
- No dishwashing detergent, dish cloths or drying towels
- No tea, coffee, sugar etc

This may be fair enough if you're staying in a hostel, but to call the accommodation "Executive Apartments" and have these type of problems is not really good enough.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2012

Went to London the first week of November for my honeymoon and stayed at the Hyde Park Executive Apartments for 1 full week.

Positives:

GREAT location - you're 30 feet from the Tube and seconds away from actual Hyde Park, which is amazing. Area is REAL London in that it's not a tourist death trap with people snapping pictures in front of you ever 5 seconds. The room was fully equipped for a weeks stay with shower full kitchen, and rear "balcony".

Negatives:

No "front desk" to speak of so if you needed anything you had to get it yourself, i.e. shampoo, toilet paper, towels, etc. Don't know if it has been fixed since but the elevator was out of service and lugging 3 pieces of luggage 3 flights of stairs is not much fun. Additionally, since there was no front desk, no one was there to help.

The floor and walls seemed to be made out of paper because you hear everything, I mean everything. We literally thought there was someone tap dancing above us for about 4 hours every night. We Americans are used to huge rooms with all the frills but the UK is different. The bathroom is unimaginably tiny - I'm talking you can barely turn around while in the shower.

The bed was atrocious - small and like sleeping on gravel. I can't stress how small the rooms were even though they look spacious in the pictures - THEY ARE SMALL. There is no maid service like at a hotel chain so make sure you're a clean person. Good luck making a phone call as there is a phone but no instructions as to how to use it - sounds silly but trust me, we tried for 10 minutes to make a call to no avail.

Overall it was a great location and fortunately we were only in the room to sleep but I do not recommend this hotel/apartment, spend the extra $20 a night a go to a chain.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sagekilz
Reviewed January 1, 2012

I'd already booked the apartment before reading some reviews. After working in London for the last three years, I ignored most of the comments as it appears to me that some travellers expect luxury regardless of the rate. How glad I was that I didn't cancel. I stayed in apartment 23 at 30 Inverness Terrace with my 17 year old daughter and her boyfriend. We were on the floor below the top so about 6 flights of stairs but that didn't put us off. The apartment had everything we needed, clean bedding, crockery, towels, hairdryer, cooking utensils etc. The apartment was clean and well maintained and the furniture was excellent quality. We stayed New Year' s Eve for 1 night and I expected noise but heard little. I would definitely stay at these apartments again. The apartment did get very warm during the night but the window was open and I just removed the bedding. Location wise you cannot complain and the regular London transport is an added bonus. Even the waitrose nearby is value for money but I would avoid the souvenir shop a little further down as the prices are extortionate, as is usual for these types of shops.

Room Tip: Our room was probably quieter as it was at the back of the building and not the front of Inverness Terrace.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Kay D
Reviewed January 1, 2012

I was pleasantly suprised by our apartment. It was spacious, clean and had a nice little kitchen area. The location was very handy also with good transport links.

The only criticism would be the slightly aged mattress and the disconcerting screech that it made each time i moved.

There was some noise from people coming and going but it was new years eve so to be expected!

Room Tip: We had 411 which was at the back away from the road
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank sarah_weston2000
Reviewed December 31, 2011

I stayed in the apartments from 27th dec for 3 nights. Despite having booked a medium suite I was put in a room around the size of a normal hotel bathroom and advised I needed to take it up with Booking.com as the hotel couldn't help.
As for the room, it was overly warm due to a heated towel rail that you couldn't turn off, we had a tv that didn't work and a bed that had never had the mattress flipped. Sheets had cigarette burns in them and the toaster set off the smoke alarm whenever used despite being emptied of crumbs. On to the bathroom and the shower head holder was broken so you had no choice but to hold the shower while using it. When we tried to complain the staff were very abrupt and very unhelpful, even getting an extra pillow was a chore too far for them.

Such a shame as location wise it was perfect

• Stayed: December 2011