1,370 results
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 3, 2011

such a good location, 50m.behind the queensway tube st (central line) but a poor hotel.
rooms are like aparthotel but very basic.
double bed is rather small and too uncomfortable.
bed is terrible noisy wakes you up even if you move slightly. no regular cleaning!!!
walls and ceiling are too thin, you can hear any step or normal conversation next room or upstairs. they charge you 3% if you use a credit card (master/visa) in this decade!!!
nearby hostels are full of noisy teenagers who sing and shout till morning in the street.
rate changes between weekdays and weekend (70-100 euros) another hotel at similar (average 85 euros) price (even 10-20 quids more) is a better option!!!

Room Tip: do not get a front rrom. do not get a room separated by a door.
1  Thank Knighttalk
Reviewed October 25, 2011

Agree with summer789 - these apartments are quite small but appear larger on the website. The bed is small and rather uncomfortable, ok for a night or two but I wouldn't like to stay here any longer.

Overall well priced for London and quite convenient.

Unfortunately there is no alarm clock in the room, so make sure that you have your own.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2011

I was in this hotel for three months and the room was very small and not cheap. THe bathroom very small and and the bed not so long. The kitchen includes a refrigerator, a table, the toaster and the microwaves....cooking is very difficult.
You have to pay everything ( internet connession, deposit for the baggage, hair dryer, coffee.
The staff is very polite even if there are sometimes some problems with the organization.
The hotel is not very clean and sometimes it smells bad because are not windows in in the narrow corridors that divide the rooms.
I have had a problem with the restitution of the deposit. They have debited some costs because they had been wrong to make the accounts during the booking. Not really fair...

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 15, 2011

I heard about this place from a relative living in London who had actually looked at the room herself for me and I had neglected to read reviews myself on tripadvisor.
I had a look on the apartments' website. They are studio apartments. They appear larger on the website than they are in actuality.
When we arrived. check-in was smooth, front desk staff helpful. Their helpfulness extended for our 4 night stay. We paid 89 GBP per night.
The room was clean but I only learned by asking that housekeeping services work differently here. There is no daily cleaning of the room as in a regular hotel. The room is cleaned weekly if your stay exceeds a week. You can have daily fresh towel changes if you request at the front desk and items such as soap, toilet paper, shampoo etc are stored at the front desk and will be given to you if you need replenishing. You take the latter up yourself. Housekeeping will put the clean towels in your room for you. The room/apartment has kitchen sink, small fridge, microwave, cook -top, a few dishes, toaster and kettle.
I liked the proximity to the tube stations, Bayswater and Queensway, Bayswater is also just about 6 stops away on a direct line from Victoria Station where one arrives with the Gatwick Express from Gatwick Airport assuming that is your arrival airport.
I also liked the proximity within walking distance of the variety of good restaurants.
Our room was on the 4th floor. Thankfully this allowed us to sleep with the window open, since there were 2 nights when it was reasonably warm and with only a fan it got a little uncomfortable.
You have to pay a 20GBP deposit for a hairdryer if you wish to have one in the room. There is an iron and ironing board in the room. The free wifi is only in the lobby not in the room.
Overall, I believe the apartment suited the purpose of our stay well. I would advise booking early as this place seems to fill up quite quickly.
Summer may not be the best time to stay as I expect it is unbearably hot.

Room Tip: Book early. The higher the floor, the further from the noise of the street, The cooler the temp of the room also.
1  Thank summer789
Reviewed October 14, 2011

I have to admit to being seduced by the name of this hotel but I ound it quite misleading. My room was in the basement so natural light was poor at all times of the day. There was no air conditioning nor extractor fan in the bathroom, so the room was a bit of a sauna. If I opened the window it was very noisy. There was a fan supplied but it made such a racket that I had to switch it off during the night and so ended up trying to sleep while drenched in sweat. I don't know how it got a 4* rating and I wouldn't touch it again.

Room Tip: go somewhere else!
1  Thank Mark F