“Unexpexcted gem”

Dining options: Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Tube: Ealing Common or Acton Town. Buses: 207, 427, 440
Reviewed June 13, 2014

This looks a very modest small Chinese restaurant, tucked on a busy main road in Acton, but the food and service are outstanding. I was taken there for a birthday meal by relatives who live locally to it. It's their favourite restaurant, and I can see why. The dishes were succulent, with generous servings of the main element (meat or fish). Good wine, excellent coffee - the whole thing could not be faulted. I was told it has been there for many years under the same owenership, and has built up a dedicated clientele of repeat attenders who want to keep this treasure to themselves. It is always completely full, so advance booking is essential.

1  Thank John S

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Just celebrated my 65th last night - we had the chefs menu at £27 per person. The starter was to die for, and the courses kept on coming. You must get there early and you must book, because 20 minutes after we got there it was full. The staff were great, very attentive, but not overpowering. They made sure are glasses were full. A birthday cake appeared and the waiters sang "Happy Birthday!" This was the best Chinese meal I have had in a long time. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone - Philip Osborn

Reviewed May 18, 2014

We ate here for our son's 16th birthday as he loves Chinese food. Excellent tasty food. Service was friendly and attentive even though it was a busy Saturday night. Wonderful experience. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

I was invited to have a meal at the North china last weekend by some relatives. I enjoy Chinese style food and have been to many top restaurants throughout the UK.
This restaurant is very good indeed. The food is superb, the service attentive without being invasive. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

I have been going to this restaurant since I was taken there for the first time in 1978. The food is wonderful and the family who run it charming. I no longer live in London but no trip to London is complete without a trip there. On our recent visit we went there and it never disappoints. Lawrence grandson of the wonderful old bearded man who used to appear in the restaurant late at night is a great front of house host.