“A pleasant experience” 4 of 5 bubbles

Strada - Blackheath
Ranked #12,316 of 22,202 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Surrounded by quaint boutique shops in the heart of Blackheath village, Strada is a stylish and modern Italian restaurant serving straightforward and freshly prepared dishes full of flavour. One of the many contemporary Italian restaurants that can be enjoyed throughout the country's high streets, Strada in Blackheath is divided throughout two floors and features an opening glass front, inspiring a bright and beautiful dining experience. This chic interior design is complemented by the irresistible menus of traditional Italian favourites. You can enjoy hand stretched pizzas, fresh pastas and risotto, as well as grilled meat and fish dishes.
Paddock Wood, United Kingdom
“A pleasant experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2011

Visited Strada in Blackheath today for a early dinner with my wife. The restaurant is in the centre of the village with a sleek and modern interior. The food that we ordered was very tasty and the atmosphere was really nice with good service. We would not hesitate to come back.

• Visited September 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

London, United Kingdom
“Laughable”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2011

We visited Strada Blackheath on a working day in the afternoon. It was a special occasion being my birthday. The restaurant was empty apart from another table of two woman having lunch.
The menu sounds fab, quite a lot of choice so we were expecting great food and a lovely afternoon.
I won't go through all of the courses that we ordered, but the following was my choice:
Starter of Brushetta Con Peperonata:
This dish consisted of half a ciabatta, to give you an idea of the size of portion, think of one small thin weetabix. The ciabatta was topped with what looked like canned chopped tomato's and three of the smallest pinches of goats cheese I have ever seen (yes, i was able to count them).
Main course of Pollo Milanese:
This dish consisted of what looked like ready made chicken in breadcrumbs (similar to something you would buy as fast food from the supermarket and stick in the oven to heat up for 20 mins!
This dish was accompanied by another spoonful of chopped tomatos, and a portion of green beans. The laughable element to this dish was the addition of one, yes only one, tiny, tiny new potato which was sliced (I really should have taken a photograph to prove this).
The doors to the restaurant remained open and therefore the noise of the busy traffic and the very poor food made it a very disappointing experience. For the menu prices, I expected better quality and portions.
Needless to say, I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone.

• Visited July 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2011

Went to Starada Blackheatth looking forward a treat after a rough patch in life.
The experience was very disappointing.
We were looking for a table for two, were taken to a nice looking table. Very soon we noticed that the air/con was blowing right into our eyes. Might be ok if the weather was hot, but is was pouring down.
Got the waitress coming over very soon, ordered our starter and the main meal.
The starter was nice, Aglio Schiacciatella,light and getting us looking forward to our main meals.
The main meal was not quite as nice, though. Rigatoni Speck was dry and tasteless, not enough sauce,pasta was a bit too al dente. Linguini pescatore was edible, a bit ott with chilli. All in all, the main courses were very disappointing.
For the dessert, we chose Fondante Cacao, which was very nice, but you'd like a bit more ice cream on the side. The ice cream (pistachio and kind of coffee nougat) was ok, the pistachio ice cream being very nice.
The air con was blowing on full blow from my side - even if it was a rainy and chilly day - so I had to waer my cardigan, and there were nasty small flies flying around our plates.
The staff were not very knowledgeable about the dishes - had to go to the kithcen to ask - and you just could tell they were not interested how the customers felt.

• Visited July 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Yes, I know. It's a chain. I've just given up my first born. But, Strada deserves the praise, it earned it. No gouging...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2008

Yes, I know. It's a chain. I've just given up my first born. But, Strada deserves the praise, it earned it. No gouging you for water, a bottle of filtered tap water arrives on your table straight away. Rosemary and garlic pizza bread is to die for, and their menu is solidly executed with well-cooked pasta and perfect thin-crust pizza. Service is efficient and smiley.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook