“Nice Mexican tapas BAR”

Cuisines: Brazilian, Latin, Mexican, South American
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Southbank
Description: At Las Iguanas, food is our passion. We rise at the crack of dawn to unload boxes of top-quality, fresh British produce. Then our chefs add carefully sourced ingredients from around the world, to conjure delicious, authentic South American food, made with passion, love and lots of Latin magic. We are the only restaurant to produce Cachaca from our own sugar cane plantation near Rio and we use it to make the best Caipirinhas this side of the Atlantic. Alongside our Caipirinhas we offer a full range of cocktails, non-alcoholic coolers, minerals & juices, beers, cider and wines. Join us for Happy Hour 12pm to 7pm and 10pm-late daily, and all day Sunday to Wednesday for a range of 2 for 1 offers on our signature cocktails and coolers. At Las Iguanas we hope you'll try new things, discover delights and favourites along the way, but mostly enjoy the unique taste of Latin American hospitality.
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

I Really enjoyed the place for lunch really cosy the food is really tasty and the staff very nice they propose happy hour for cocktails

Write a ReviewReviews (1,370)

Reviewed March 28, 2014

We went to Las Iguanas on the Southbank as part of a "mature" hen weekend to London. Having been to a matinee performance of Jersey Boys, we booked a table for ten at 9pm and we were so glad we had! The place was absolutely packed, but we were very quickly ushered to our table by a lovely waiter who entered into our party spirit with great gusto. We took quite a time to pick from the extensive menu but never felt hurried. When we had ordered, the food came fairly quickly and was enjoyed by all. Some of the food could have been a bit hotter, but this didn't really detract from the enjoyment. The lamb in sticky soy sauce was delicious, as was the sangria and rum punch. The meal was amazing value for money, coming in at around £25 per head including drinks - a bargain for a London Saturday night.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

I have been to this chain in Cambridge where we had a great night and great food however this one is a bit lacking is some areas. I had the same meal and drink as before but the Mango Collins at this restaurant was very watery and had no alcohol in it. I tried an Iguana Cosmo and this was a bit better. These are both from the happy hour cocktail menu so you get 2 4 1 but it seems they make them up in advance and the ice had melted in the mango one. They are pleasant enough drinks in their own right. The service was efficient and the food came quickly but again, having had The Extraordinary Xin Xim before I was a bit disappointed to find there was not much chicken in it this time, again different to my experience in Cambridge. One of my friends had the Henrique Rapadura which was much better and very tasty. So an almost chicken-less chicken dish and a few alcohol-free alcoholic cocktails later and the bill arrived. They had charged us a 12.5% service charge - be careful you don't tip twice. We were only a table of 4 so this is not necessary. However they had not charged us for a few of the drinks and the bill was £33 with starters and coffees (but no desserts) so I guess you get what you pay for. And I didn't have a hangover the next day either! There is small bar area which was packed and most of the restaurant is under the railway line so you hear the trains going overhead. They didn't have music - again different to Cambridge where there was a definite latin vibe going on. Apart from the menus I would not have thought I was in a latin restaurant. I would not go back to this particular restaurant again but I would give the chain one more try elsewhere.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Eaten here a couple of times now and the quality of food is the same great tasting food every time. The staff are really friendly and its not too harsh on the wallet. The only thing is that on every occasion, i have had to wait atleast 40 mins for a table (understandable, busy saturday nights). When this happens you are given a number which is fine. But the board that shows the number is only viewable from in front of the busy bar which is directly opposite the entrance, makes it very awkward and not much personal space, treding on toes situation. While we were eating the light would go bright and then dim and bright and dim. this didn't bother me, just thinking that it was a bit odd.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Me and my friend turned up for a late bite to eat and a drink. The place was very busy but that only added to the atmosphere. The staff were great. Very friendly and personable. We ordered our drinks and food and did not have to wait long. I decided to order something I had never ordered before but stupidly didn't like it but my friend loved his and I will admit, his was lovely. Don't get me wrong, this is no fault of the restaurant. But I was very impressed with how they managed it. They asked me if everything was ok, if i wanted to take it away with me or I could of ordered something else. But i was fine to finish my drinks. I will go back, I will just have to stick with what i know. Very happy customers.