“A very busy place!”

Cuisines: Brazilian, Latin, Mexican, South American
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Southbank
Description: At Las Iguanas, food is our passion. We rise at the crack of dawn to unload boxes of top-quality, fresh British produce. Then our chefs add carefully sourced ingredients from around the world, to conjure delicious, authentic South American food, made with passion, love and lots of Latin magic. We are the only restaurant to produce Cachaca from our own sugar cane plantation near Rio and we use it to make the best Caipirinhas this side of the Atlantic. Alongside our Caipirinhas we offer a full range of cocktails, non-alcoholic coolers, minerals & juices, beers, cider and wines. Join us for Happy Hour 12pm to 7pm and 10pm-late daily, and all day Sunday to Wednesday for a range of 2 for 1 offers on our signature cocktails and coolers. At Las Iguanas we hope you'll try new things, discover delights and favourites along the way, but mostly enjoy the unique taste of Latin American hospitality.
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Me and my friend turned up for a late bite to eat and a drink. The place was very busy but that only added to the atmosphere. The staff were great. Very friendly and personable. We ordered our drinks and food and did not have to wait long. I decided to order something I had never ordered before but stupidly didn't like it but my friend loved his and I will admit, his was lovely. Don't get me wrong, this is no fault of the restaurant. But I was very impressed with how they managed it. They asked me if everything was ok, if i wanted to take it away with me or I could of ordered something else. But i was fine to finish my drinks. I will go back, I will just have to stick with what i know. Very happy customers.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,288)

Reviewed March 16, 2014

From the outside, Las Iguanas looks like a classy place to eat. It was a sunny day and most of the tables outside were busy with drinkers and a couple of girls enjoying a meal. Inside was half empty. We went inside and asked for a table for two. We were told the wait would be 20 minutes and we were welcome to sit in the bar area and buy a drink. When asked if we could sit outside, we were told that food wasn't served outside. When pointing-out the two girls with plates of food we were ignored. Whilst waiting at the bar to be served, which was an impossible task on it's own, a party of three came in and asked for a table. According to my girlfriend, there were 17 empty tables in the restaurant. Then. The table of three were seated. I asked why they had been seated first and I was told because they were a bigger party. I mentioned the 17 empty tables and was told that we could be seated because "staff have breaks, innit." It was time to leave and find somewhere which would be grateful for our custom.

In short, I can't review the food as we didn't get that far. I can't review the drinks as it was impossible to get served, but I can review the staff attitude and attitude and verify it is awful.

3  Thank Flick1975
LasIguanasHQ, Owner at Las Iguanas, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

I'd be grateful if you would contact me on lucy@iguanas.co.uk with a phone number, your name and trip advisor ID so I can ask our area manager to follow up on your experience. My email is lucy@iguanas.co.uk. Thank you. Lucy- Las Iguanas

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Delicious food, reasonable value for money. Too few staff, therefore as it was busy service a little slow. Had nearly finished our food before drinks arrived. Dislike the practice of applying an "optional" service charge which in reality we could not avoid paying without creating a fuss. I prefer to set my own tip level.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Good food, reasonable prices and friendly atmosphere are enough to bring us back to Las Iquanas, where we met up with a friend we hadn't seen for quite awhile. Unfortunately, since it's a popular gathering spot it was hard to have a conversation without raising our voices, but it was still a great place to get together for a casual night out.

Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Visited here with a hen party, I appreciate they had a lot of people to serve, however, they forgot meals, the waitresses were rude, we saw one of them testing a meal with their finger, and another go to the toilet without washing her hands. The air conditioning had broke and so had the fan, I appreciate there was nothing they could do about this as well, however, it just added to a bad experience.

1  Thank Charlotteb73
LasIguanasHQ, Owner at Las Iguanas, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Thank you for letting us know about your visit. We have had some glitches with our newly installed air conditioning which are currently being resolved and will provide a more comfortable experience for all this summer. I'm sorry to hear that you were not happy with the service you received from your waitresses. I would like to reassure you that we have a top five star rating from Scores on the Doors, the official food hygiene system and all of our staff are thoroughly trained in food hygiene matters. We have staff toilets so it is more likely that if you came across a member of staff n the guest loos they were just checking for cleanliness and paper etc. We also have food thermometers to check the food is at the correct temperature. I would be happy to put you in touch with our area manager to follow up further if you would like to email me on lucy@iguanas.co.uk with a contact phone number, your name and trip advisor ID. Lucy - las iguanas