“Il mascalzone? More like ILL mascalzone”
Review of Il Mascalzone

Il Mascalzone
Ranked #3,045 of 24,429 Restaurants in London
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Ordered pasta in cheese sauce and the so called cheese sauce was a milk paste. Disgusting. Ordered chips too and some heinz ketchup. The ketchup arrived in a heinz ketchup bottle however it was a sachet ketchup poured into heinz bottle. This was told to me by the waitress. My friends ordered a pizza that was cold too.
Avoid at all costs.

2  Thank benjo456

Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Had a great meal here with a friend this week. He had the special calzone which I tried and loved! I wasn't too hungry so had just a starter of mushrooms in cheese ad tomato sauce, which was divine!

Only downside was we ordered the two to arrive the same time, and there was almost a ten minute wait between mine arriving and my friends. The waiter knew we were waiting, and apologised when he brought the pizza over - it was a shame as this was the only downside!

Would definitely recommend!

Reviewed March 19, 2013

The food is excellent and place clean but the waitress didn't care one iota whether we were happy or not

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I've been frequenting this restaurant for several years, and would urge anyone in the area to give it a try. The food is yum - fresh pizza and pasta and excellent side dishes - especially the spinach with garlic The staff are welcoming, friendly, and are particularly kind to parents dining with children. The last time I went there I was with a friend, between us we had 4 kids aged 3-5 with us. Mascalzone has a pizza counter near the front where customers can watch their pizza being made. After they watched the pizza chef whirling the pizza bases in the air, each of the kids was presented with a ball of pizza dough to play with while we waited for our food!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have eaten here a number of times and the Service has got worse and worse. I can't complain about the food but the waiters and manager I would recomend taking a customer service course !!
No baby changing Facilities and the disable toliet stank of ciggerate smoke.The kitchen upstairs is disgusting and flirthy I'm glad I ordered a pizza which was cooked downstairs.Price is higher than normal and service charge is a joke.Would not recomend here......

2  Thank easydiner72