“Too noisy for conversation!”
Review of Il Mascalzone

Il Mascalzone
Ranked #2,970 of 24,268 Restaurants in London
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 11, 2013

The restaurant was packed when we arrived. We didn't have a reservation so we couldn't complain! After 15 minutes waiting in the tiny doorway (there is nowhere to sit) we were seated by the window. It was a little chilly but after a glass of wine we felt OK! The staff were nice and friendly. The food was average Italian fare. Assumed the pizzas would taste amazing when I saw the brick oven, but they were a bit tasteless. The wine was just about drinkable. It's an extremely buzzy place but the music was so loud, it was like being in a nightclub - too loud to hold a conversation over dinner.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Went here for last meal before I returned to Spain and loved it. My Sicilian niece I went with loved it too. Feels like you're in Italy,staff very friendly esp our waitress by the TV area. Food delicious and generous portions. Full of Italian diners which shows it must be good! Found a gem will deffo be back.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Edward Branch. Went there thinking I could have a nice relaxing meal with a friend who I hadn't seen in ages-WRONG! Got there and ordered drinks about two minutes later they came over and ask if we wanted to order food, we said no. It was quite clear that we wanted to settle in. They must have come over about 3/4 times to ask us for our order in the space of five minutes. Eventually we said yes.

As soon as our starter plates were being cleared there was another waitress right behind her bringing over our mains! At that point I was horrified as I needed a few minutes for my stomach to settle before I could eat another meal.

I really wasn't that hungry so couldn't enjoy my main, could only eat about half of it. The staff were constantly looking over at us to see if we had finished. It made me feel encredably uncomfortable. I couldn't wait to leave!

What really wound me up is they had the cheek to charge us service. I think we would have could better service across the road in Nandos!

When we arrive just before 7 it was pretty empty. If they were fully booked for the evening they should have said, rather then rushing our entire meal.

I will not be returning there.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

A place talked about by many.. It is quite a nice restaurant if you're looking to have a chilled out meal and night. The staff are very friendly and will join in the fun that's happening on the table if they're passing by or serving - makes the atmosphere a great one to be in. The food was good - would definitely go again :)

Reviewed January 5, 2013

At Edgware. Not impressed. Arrived with birthday cake, they have no clue of the booking. Harassed me about paying £10 for the cake. After insisting I wasn't the party organiser they finally showed my the table. Ordered a bottle of wine. Wanted to pay. Insisted on service charge on top. Chairs are crap. Ripping our tights. Waited ages for service. Starters are expensive £6 ish. Oh and no birthday decorations. Christmas serviettes if you don't mind! Shouldn't be forced to pay service charge.

1  Thank Loveeeeeeweee