“At Edgware. Not impressed. Arrived with birthday cake, they have no clue of the booking. Harassed me about paying £10 for the”
Review of Il Mascalzone

Il Mascalzone
Ranked #2,965 of 23,571 Restaurants in London
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 5, 2013

At Edgware. Not impressed. Arrived with birthday cake, they have no clue of the booking. Harassed me about paying £10 for the cake. After insisting I wasn't the party organiser they finally showed my the table. Ordered a bottle of wine. Wanted to pay. Insisted on service charge on top. Chairs are crap. Ripping our tights. Waited ages for service. Starters are expensive £6 ish. Oh and no birthday decorations. Christmas serviettes if you don't mind! Shouldn't be forced to pay service charge.

1  Thank Loveeeeeeweee

Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Located on the busy Putney High st this restaurant is very good for a nice dinner wirh friends. The armosphere is very nice, the style of the interior as well. They have good pizza.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

I like pizza here, it is proper Italian,
the environment is nice and it is cheap.
I tried lasagna here as well I liked it.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Always pop in here for lunch before the Fulham home games. Staff are on the ball and keen - the food is always good, but prefer the pastas or meat dishes to the pizzas. Portions are generous and the price is fair - but I don't like the 10% service charge on the bill, which leaves me without the choice to tip and by how much etc. Good tv for watching football too. It's always busy and full of heart.

Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

In my opinion Mascalzone is just OK but nothing memorable ... I guess the good reviews are from non-Italians who can't really judge the quality of food. Nowadays there are so many good Italian restaurants in SW London (Franco Manca, Aglio e Olio, Rossopomodoro, Mediterraneo, Enoteca Turi, Al Boccon Di Vino, just to name a few) that I am really surprised to see Mascalzone earning 4 points.

2  Thank TALENTINO