“One of the best African restaurants”
Review of 805 Restaurant

805 Restaurant
Ranked #9,158 of 23,242 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 28, 2013

The portions they give you are massive. If you finish a dish you probably won't want a dessert and that's a good thing because their dessert menu is not exciting or authentic in anyway. The service was good, except half our group had almost finished their food before the second half received theirs. It's a good place to practice a Nigerian language if you're interested in the whole culture as most of the waiters are of Nigeria descent. Better menu and service than others

There are newer reviews for 805 Restaurant

Reviewed August 16, 2013

I had read the reviews on Tripadvisor prior to my visit so was slightly dubious. I visited with my husband as we'd been invited by another couple & visited on Thursday evening at 7.30pm. The restaurant was quite busy which was a good sign. We didn't wait too long for someone to take our drinks order (my virgin pina colada took longer I guess as it takes more to make than rum & coke!).

Food orders were taken without having to wait too long. My only gripe was when they brought out the mains; mine was brought of first and there was a good wait until the rest of the parties main meals were delivered. My food didn't get too cold though and this small wait was nothing compared to what I was expecting.

My hubby had the mixed grill for a starter & I had the prawns in filo pastry. My starter was nothing special but hubby's mixed grill was very, very nice! Our fellow diners had the hot pepper soup & said it was nice despite a few too many bones.

We all went for the jellof rice, plantain & fried fish. There was PLENTY of rice, too much for any one of us to finish. The fish was very tasty and I enjoyed the tomato/peppery sauce. Plantain which I love was cooked perfectly and there was a nice small side of salad. Needless to say we were all stuffed!

The other couple did mention the fish was better this time than their last visit (on a Saturday evening) so quality may be affected when they are really busy.

We were however pleasantly surprised, really enjoyed the food and would return!

Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

I have been coming here for many years, and I am very sad to say that the food has gone downhill they must have a new chef that really can't cook.

The Fish was DRY the sauce has changed was not spicy at all and had leaves in it.

Despite complaining they did nothing terrible service.

I will cook my own in future and not waste my hard earned money.

5  Thank Yetty F
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Nice atmosphere and good food. Service is always friendly but can be a bit slow but thats only when it is really busy which is understandable. Been here many times and will continue to :-)

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Very nice looking restaurant, we sat in a corner near the bar and there were so many tiny flies. Customer service is poor, takes a while to serve initially and even longer wait for food. Waitress was trying hard to hide her attitude of being at work or whatever the problem was. The rice was a really small portion but fancy presentation. Overly priced for the portion and service received. Location is not the best.
There was a VIP area also so probably a better experience there.

Been to 805 Restaurant? Share your experiences!