“Thinking the worst but pleasantly surprised 😊”

Marco’s New York Italian
Reserve a Table
Bookatable
Ranked #16,399 of 28,601 Restaurants in London
Neighborhood: Southwark
Description: Combining the taste of America with flavours from the Mediterranean, Marco's New York Italian offers simple food done well. Joining pizza and pasta favourites are a range of barbecue and grill classics, with an array of beers and wines available from the bar.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Looking at other reviews expecting the worst....pleasantly surprised food hot and tasty served by Ola who Also made a perfect mojito. Prosecco was chilled and coffee after dinner was also hot served with a delicious chocolate. Perfect 2 happy customers staff very accommodating as we arrived early but allowed in and came away stuffed

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (319)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Used a Buy A Gift Experience Voucher to visit here, once seated was given one cheap warm small glass of Prosecco after having to wait to be seated in a half empty restaurant, limited to a restricted menu and anything from the main menu is extra cost even though it’s prepaid!!! Run of the mill warm tasteless burger followed by a scoop of vanilla ice cream suitable fir a five year old.
I am horrified Marco puts his name to this dumps d so where the two tables next to us also making the same comments as us.
If you have a Buy A Gift voucher do not waste it here by spending money coming into London go anywhere else!
Disappointed and robbed.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We visited this restaurant for afternoon tea after receiving it as as Red Letter gift. It was hard to get availability but we eventually booked in.
When we got there I told them I had a nut allergy. After waiting a while someone eventually came out to see me and basically made me feel like I was a massive convenience. He told me I wouldn’t be able to eat anything. I tried to explain that all I needed to know was what the ingredients were in the item. This couldn’t be provided and I was told I couldn’t have any cakes or the scone as they may contain traces of nuts but I could have the sandwich although the bread also may contain traces of nuts. This restaurant doesn’t seem to be able to cater for nut allergies. I was told I could have the imaginative alternative of a fruit salad or a sorbet. I opted for sorbet.
An hour later (a long wait) our individual afternoon teas arrived. I’d been given a fruit salad, mainly melon. The bread on one of my sandwiches was soggy like it had just been defrosted. My boyfriends sandwiches were crisp and dry.
Overall, even without the allergy issues, it would have been disappointing. Service was poor and tables weren’t cleared. If you are thinking about booking I’d save your money. Marco Pierre White should be ashamed to put his name to this. Shocking.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Last night my wife and I made a pre booked visit around 8pm after visiting the SHARD. Having purchased a voucher for the set meal, in all honesty we were not expecting too much.
What a pleasant surprise; great minestrone followed by a large and tasty macaroni. Being vegetarian I'm used to many and varied pasta dishes and whilst macaroni is hardly at the cutting edge of haute cuisine, this was very good.
My wife never eats desert so when she was offered a glass of wine in exchange, this was brilliant as far as she was concerned! Easily pleased.
We were looked after by a lovely Senegalese lady and the Italian manager and whilst my wife did not believe that her mozzarella was buffalo mozzarella as advertised , this didn't serve to spoil the evening.
I can't say that I'm a fan of the modern décor and find that this serves to darken the place somewhat although not to any great extent.
Suffice it to say that we will be returning.

The Miserable Munchers

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

SIx of us visited here using "buy A gift" vouchers for a meal following a visit to The Shard. We assumed, being a Marco Pierre White restaurant, that the food would be quite good and the experience a little special. It wasn't. When we arrived there was no-one around to greet customers. The waiter who was cleaning the nearest tables eventually acknowledged us and deigned to come over however his manner was not the friendliest or most welcoming. Although we had booked our table, turned up on time and it was not busy in the restaurant we were asked to go and wait in the hotel lobby. We were not asked if we wanted drinks while we waited. One of our party had to go and ask if we could order some. After a while we were shown to our table. The service and food that we then received was ok but nothing that we would not have expected from Prezzo or somewhere simimar. That special Marco Pierre White somehting that we expected was definitely missing. Disappointing.

Date of visit: September 2019

Been to Marco’s New York Italian? Share your experiences!