“Beautiful meal”
Review of Texture

Texture
Reserve with OpenTable
Texture is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #84 of 23,677 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: European, Scandinavian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Marylebone
Description: Texture is award winning Michelin starred restaurant and champagne bar. Texture's cuisine style is modern European with Scandinavian influences and focuses on combining and emphasising different consistencies. Agnar Sverrisson's roots are demonstrated in the inclusion of ingredients such as Icelandic Cod, Icelandic Lamb from Skagafjordur, Icelandic herbs and Icelandic skyr. The regular tasting menu further showcases Sverrisson's creativity in the kitchen and a set lunch offers unrivalled value. The Texture Champagne Bar welcomes diners for pre-dinner aperitifs or those who want to take advantage of our extraordinary Champagne and Wine list. Texture's private events space offers an intimate private dining for 16 guests. Additionally, prior to your lunch or dinner booking at the Tolli Room, Texture can offer a wine tasting experience, individually tailored to your event
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Had Friday lunch at Texture with some friends. The food was fantastic and the service was good though some slight improvements wouldn't hurt. We were pleasantly surprised with the value of the meal when we went for the three course set lunch menu. Highly recommend this place.

1  Thank Iris V

Reviewed March 19, 2014

I was taken to Texture for my birthday and it was a total treat. Food and champagne were delicious plus the service couldn't be faulted. Tables aren't on top of each other so we were able to have a quiet intimate eve despite the fact the place was packed on a Tuesday eve. It was the perfect place to go for a special occasion and I would highly recommend a trip.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

I am hooked with sea food and with the combination of a Michelin star restaurant I had high expectations. I found the overall experience bellow expectations, for aprox GBP 125/person we had the scandinavian fish tasting menu which consists of three main dishes so I think calling it a "Tasting Menu" is an exaggeration. The wine pairing went well with the dishes but the dishes themselves lacked excitement. I found the service while friendly and efficient a bit sloppy.

1  Thank lefthil
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Compared to our previous night's dinner at Alyn Williams this was an altogether different experience (see review). A fairly small room, tables packed closely together and a full dining room made for a pretty lively atmosphere. There was no room to have a glass of fizz in the bar so had one at table. A fairly small menu and a couple of tasting menus are offered. We went for the regular tasting menu @ £78 each. We also chose the matching wines @ £55 each. I do really enjoy my wine and where possible like to experience as many interesting examples as possible thus going for matching wines. This however is rarely the most economical way of choosing your wine but probably the most enjoyable (their regular list is excellent and fairly priced for London) Stand out dishes were the turbot with subtle Asian overtones and the beef (rib eye and ox cheek, horseradish and chips). Sounds quite straightforward but the different preparation of all the elements made for a great dish. A very refreshing rhubarb desert rounded this off and a little bag petit four to take away. I thought service was slick but given our position in the room (next to wine serving table) verging on the uncomfortable due to the number of staff who were constantly buzzing around this space. Will return but maybe not to that table.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Excellent food and service, with a lovely setting ideal for a small group or intimate dinner.
Probably one of the best restaurants I have been to in terms of service - all the waiters were lovely and very accommodating to all our requests. I was particularly impressed with how each waiter was able to explain every ingredient in our meal in detail.

They served bread and olive oil from different parts of Spain and Italy which was excellent, as were the complimentary palette cleaners and desert tray with our tea following the meal.

Note the menu is not extensive and quite expensive (I recommend the Cod), however definitely worth it and leaves you feeling like you have experienced something unique.

1  Thank Lady_D_of_Marylebone