“Disappointing”
Review of Texture

Texture
Reserve with OpenTable
Texture is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #79 of 24,020 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: European, Scandinavian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Marylebone
Description: Texture is award winning Michelin starred restaurant and champagne bar. Texture's cuisine style is modern European with Scandinavian influences and focuses on combining and emphasising different consistencies. Agnar Sverrisson's roots are demonstrated in the inclusion of ingredients such as Icelandic Cod, Icelandic Lamb from Skagafjordur, Icelandic herbs and Icelandic skyr. The regular tasting menu further showcases Sverrisson's creativity in the kitchen and a set lunch offers unrivalled value. The Texture Champagne Bar welcomes diners for pre-dinner aperitifs or those who want to take advantage of our extraordinary Champagne and Wine list. Texture's private events space offers an intimate private dining for 16 guests. Additionally, prior to your lunch or dinner booking at the Tolli Room, Texture can offer a wine tasting experience, individually tailored to your event
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Restaurant is poorly laid out with the serving station in the middle of the room. REsult is noisy and lots of traffic for most if not all tables. The staff is incredibly young - they could benefit from some maturity. Surprisingly even though there were lots of servers, finished plates sat for surprisingly long before being cleared. And stop the phony french accents - none of you are French and we cant understand when you fake it!! We had the tasting menu with pairings - the food is good but unspectacular. The wine pairings were uninspired (an unremarkable reisling and a so-so pinot noir) and in some cases embarassing. They tried to serve us an undrinkable Australian cab with the rib eye and when we complained they brought out a pedestrian Sangiovese - not an awful wine, but hardly is a match for a steak (we suggested something bold like a napa cab or a borolo or amarone, but they looked at us like deers in the headlights). The cheese selections together with a nice Fonseca 20-year tawny port may have been the highlight. The dessert was a bizarre basil sorbet with some congealed coating on it and half ripe fruit on the side. Strong suggestion - hire a sommelier with some experience and upgrade your wines significantly. And find some wait staff older than 22. Right now there are so many better choices in London.

1  Thank Brad S

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We had a good lunch with a friend the other week. We tried the degustation lunch with wine pairing.

The service is professional and experienced.
The food is good but there wasn't a single dish that made any of us stop and go wow.

It was all faultless but just not amazing.
All very pleasant, nice table, staff, food... will we go back? Probably not, but it ticked a box and was fine.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Out of 7 dishes from the tasting menu, I have to say my favourite was the dessert, and it was 'just' a fruit salad. A bit underwhelming considering the hype and the prices, but all in all a decent meal. would not go back, though.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Just perfect in every way! Super champagne bar and the most imaginative food I've eaten Ian long time.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I went to this lovely restaurant for my birthday with my husband and parents who were over from Aus and what a great choice it turned out to be!

We all went for the standard tasting menu (I will be back to try the Scandi one for sure!) as we thought this had the best selection to suit everyone. It all started with a selection of home made crisps, my favourites were the cod skin and parmesan.

I could list through every course, but to save boring you all I will mention the highlights. As previous reviewers have mentioned, the quail, with smoky sweetcorn puree, sweetcorn kernels, hazelnuts, bacon popcorn and a red wine sauce, was simply outstanding, I thought the sweetcorn went well with the quail and the different textures provided by the hazelnuts and popcorn really finished the dish.

My other dish of note was the rib eye & ox cheek, again, delicious, melt in your mouth meat, with hot crispy hand cut chips, simple horseradish and bernaise sauces were great final touches without over complicating the food.

We opted for the cheese course which had 3 cheeses, each cheese had it's own accompaniement and was served with fruit bread, I have to say I had never had honey jelly before with cheese and it was most definitely a winner for me. We selected the Grahams 20 yo tawny port to have with this and it matched very well with all 3 cheeses.

Dessert divided the table, I personally found the basil sorbet and passionfruit soup to be a refreshing finish to the meal. The petit four was also great with some fresh out the oven madelines!

We opted for the matching wine flight and found the sommelier extremely knowledgeable and happy to answer any questions we had about any of the wines.

Overall I would say this was one of the best meals I have had in London for some time and worth every penny. I look forward to returning!