“Suprisingly authentic & tasty”

Vietnam Oriental Chinese Restaurant
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Greenwich
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We were looking for somewhere for dimsum in Greenwich and this seemed like the only place. The place was empty when we went in there and we were abit worried as we thought it would be a bit rubbish and very touristy due to its location in Greenwich. Pleasantly suprised. My wife is Chinese so she ordered a range of dishes which we would have ordered at a restaurant in China. The staff were amusing and not the best but were fun to deal with. The food was the overall winner and the price wasnt bad either for a lot of food including 2 bottles of wine and dim sum inc service we paid £120. Worth a visit if you want a good Chinese meal.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

There is a large selection on the menu, be careful on the dishes chosen as they are heavy with the chilli!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great Dim Sum! The food is freshly made. Taste good. Perfect for a lunch break before exploring the little Greenwich town.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Me and my companion were quite famished after going down from the Royal Observatory, and this was the first restaurant we saw.. Looks humble from outside, but the menu is extensive. We ordered spicy seafood laksa, which really tasted good, and the ginger chicken didnt disappoint as well.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Vietnam Oriental is an utter hidden Gem in Greenwich and one where me and my partner devour Dim Sum with great regularity. From the outside you would never know and indeed inside it's very trad/simple in decor but the food is what VO is all about. I have only ever eaten the Dim Sum which delivers superb quality dumplings (read: everything) across the board and in our mind is far superior to the Royal China in Canary Wharf. Amazing value too I cannot recommend highly enough and indeed this was a recommendation from a friend the first time we visited. I can't comment on the main menu (chinese primarily) but the room is usually full of both locals and chinese families tucking in. Ignore some of these other reviews we LOVE this place and look forward to every visit which included yesterday hence my review. If you are local and love Dim Sum then i'll in all likelihood see you there. Not fancy but thats not why you'd eat here!

2  Thank RichardBoardman