“Lunchtime treat ”

Bookatable
OR
Ranked #1,330 of 28,485 Restaurants in London
Neighborhood: Greenwich
Description: Champagne + Fromage offers artisan produce sourced directly from small, independent growers and producers. Besides being known for cheese and bubbles, we also have a grew selection of farmhouse charcuterie, from the decadent cured meats of Corsica and Lyon to Alpine saucissons and traditional salamis. Enjoy our terrace seating just outside Greenwich Market, with a cocktail in hand, lounging and watching the day pass by!
Reviewed August 3, 2019 via mobile

Not an extensive food menu but enough to choose from for a light bite. We had raclette and saucisson, both delicious but wish we had chosen a cheese platter to share as they looked amazing. Good selection of champagne as you would expect, and a really pleasant atmosphere, had we not been sightseeing could have easily spent the afternoon here with a bottle of fizz.

Date of visit: July 2019
Write a reviewReviews (185)

Reviewed July 15, 2019

If you like French cuisine without nouveau pretentiousness, you'll love this place. The simple dishes such as duck confit accompany a glass of their house champagne beautifully. It is all so very very French, which I guess shouldn't come as any surprise but unlike so many 'French' bistros and restaurants outside of France, they simply do it so well. Even when I asked if they could change the music they insisted it had to be French, though of course all I wanted to hear there was French musicians (but I suppose asking for a Jacques Brel track, while sung in French, was not strictly French but Belgian-French) and they played some Air tracks too at our request. This lunch was a brilliant prelude to going to Blackheath Festival to see Grace Jones perform.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed July 13, 2019 via mobile

Enjoyed the imported French cheese and champagne. Not only was the food delicious, service was great as the manager came to personally congratulate the birthday girl. Day made and yes I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed June 23, 2019

This is an intimate restaurant in the heart of Greenwich. I shared a platter with three French meats and cheeses with my husband. Everything was fresh and delicious. I enjoyed a floral champagne glass while my he tried a different champagne. We had a corner seat mounded with pillows; quite comfortable. The lady who served us was full of smiles. It didn’t take long for our food and beverages.

Reviewed June 7, 2019

The only place to visit in Greenwich.Wonderful relaxed afternoon The staff are attentive and helpful. Food gorgeous and what can I say about the champagne. Massive choice with other drinks on offer.