“Excellent food, great service, beautiful surroundings”
Review of Babylon

Babylon
Ranked #368 of 22,659 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: South Kensington
Description: Set high up on the seventh floor of The Roof Gardens, offering amazing views of London's skyline, Babylon really is a cut above the rest. Your taste buds will be thrilled by the menus. The award-winning food at Babylon is best described as contemporary British and the menus change regularly to ensure only the freshest seasonal ingredients are used. There are Table d'Hote lunch menus available for two and three courses (Monday to Saturday) as well as a delicious Sunday Roast offering. Guests looking to dine al fresco can cosy up throughout the winter on our heated terrace to indulge in baked cheeses and fresh breads or enjoy a delicious fresh seafood menu in the summer. The restaurant can accommodate everything from an intimate dinner to lunch with friends. The private dining room is ideal for parties or meetings of up to 12 guests, with its own terrace overlooking the resident flamingos. For larger groups of up to 30 guests, a stylish, semi-private area can be booked and Babylon can also be hired exclusively for dinner and cocktail receptions for up to 120 guests. Babylon comes alive on Tuesday nights from 7.30Pm with the smooth tunes of live jazz. No need to bring your dancing shoes, just sit back and enjoy a delicious menu against a backdrop of live music. On Friday and Saturday evenings, guests can go to The Roof Gardens' private members' club on the sixth floor to continue their evening. Babylon at The Roof Gardens is a sky-high venue. The memory of mouth-watering cuisine, exceptional service and spectacular views will stay with you long after you have left.
London
“Excellent food, great service, beautiful surroundings”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I made my second trip to Babylon yesterday for the set 2 course lunch. I took my mum and she loved it. I have now been to Babylon for lunch and dinner and for London, I think it is pretty good value for money. The service is top class, the menu is varied and a wander around the gardens afterwards is a must. I highly recommend this place, especially for a special occassion.

1 Thank kdoran2

Newbury, United Kingdom
“70th Birthday”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We had the private room, with our own private balcony and waiter, it was just superb , we stood on the balcony and watched the ducks and flamingos, later we walked round the gardens, it was like being on another planet. The food and service was wonderful, they even brought in a lovely little cake they had done for my birthday, the only downside and it had nothing to do with the restaurant, was the £26. to park for 3 and a half hours , won't complain about parking charges in Newbury again.

1 Thank Lorna h
London, United Kingdom
“A very special place”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I chose Babylon restaurant to host my 60 th birthday celebration; it surpassed my expectations. 24 of us shared the beautiful location and excellent food, service and attention to detail. We even had a magician to entertain us between courses. I would definitely recommend Babylon as a special place for a celebration or just to lift your spirits.
The pre lunch canapes I ordered were delicious and the Sunday lunch menu is very good value.

St. Albans, United Kingdom
“Superb Lunch”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We visited Babylon for lunch midweek, taking advantage of a website deal. Unlike other restaurants with similar deals there was a good varied choice for each course. The food was superb and beautifully presented. Although we didn't think we would be able to eat a pudding we were both so glad that we ordered one. They were definitely the icing on the cake. The service was attentive but not intrusive. All in all a really positive dining experience which we hope to repeat in the near future.

1 Thank Susan E
North Wales
“Amazing and magical!!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

We arrived for Sunday lunch and were immediately seated and made to feel like VIPs!

We had a Lovely bottle of Pinot Grigio Rosè. I had a tomato salad to start, followed by roast chicken and then a lovely trio of ice cream and sorbet. All very tasty. My only issue was not having enough veg.

We had a magician to entertain us while we waited for the food. Fantastic! I'm still puzzled about the 10p!

All in all - What an amazing experience!

Been to Babylon? Share your experiences!