“Slow service & poor about allergies”

Andalucia Tapas Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Andalucia Tapas Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4,847 of 23,391 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Trafalgar Square / Embankment
Reviewed July 19, 2014

We had booked the restaurant using a deal voucher so in the end this wasn't too expensive of a night out. However, my wife has a food allergy and on the restaurant's menu it says specifically to alert the server. Unfortunately, two separate waitresses were unable to speak good enough English or had enough knowledge of the menu to be of much help. We made it through, but just barely. In addition, we were told the potatoes that came with her main were not gluten free so we asked if we could sub for rice, which they then came back to tell us we would need to pay extra food. Poor service overall - which is unfortunate because the food was pretty good.

1  Thank Jonathon_Podvin
Eusebio E, Manager at Andalucia Tapas Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

I thank you for your comments and I have taken steps to reinforce the training of staff. Unfortunately in this business there is a very high turnover of staff and if you want to be authentic and employ native people, then you run into language difiiculties because in most cases these people are here to learn english. Nevertheless they should have told you better. At the moment very few dishes are gluten and I am considering going gluten free in the restaurant as more people than ever seem to suffer from allergies,

Reviewed July 18, 2014

Enjoyed a meal here, more because of its location (close to Piccadilly) and Spanish feel about the joint. It was small and quaint and service was good. However food lacked presentation and quality. Starters of Spanish omelette could have been presented on a lettuce leaf or with a herb. For main course fish (salmon) portion was rather small and potatoes served were soggy. Desserts were not very exciting either. Top of chilly sauce bottle was dirty.

Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

My friend and I went to Andalucia on Monday evening for dinner after purchasing a LivingSocial special offer of 3 course meal with a bottle of cava for £21.

Really didn't expect much from the price we paid, however, it turned out to be a pleasant surprise.

Lovely waitress brought over a perfectly chilled cava as soon as we sat down.
My vegetarian friend had fried potatoes with ailoli which he said was devine, my chorizo and chickpea stew had a depth in flavour although a bit of a stingy side on amount of chorizo.
Ordered a basket of bread to mop up the sauce, very nice and fresh pieces served with good quality olive oil.

There is only one vegetarian choice on main course, he said it was ok but quite bland which was a shame...
My main of king prawns were really lovely though, 6 big succulent pieces of prawns in a spicy tamato sauce served with plain rice. Very much enjoyed the lovely flavour.

Neither my friend nor I have sweet tooth thus cheekily asked the waitress if we could have a glass of wine each instead of dessert.
She said 'why not!' with a cheeky smile too, how nice of her!

It's not a place that makes you go 'WOW' but a charming liittle establishment with a good service.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Went there again a couple of weeks back with a friend who likes Spanish food and eats out regularly in London. Several tapas, bottle of wine,coffees and the bill came to less than £50. Staff very friendly, and I cannot recommend this place enough. The only reason I say that it isn't one of the best meals I've had is that I've eaten in Michelin 3 star places. But in terms of value, it is first rate

1  Thank palaic9876
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We found this restaurant by accident but have been back a number of times since and have never been disappointed. The food is good and they make great sangria. There are a couple of tables upstairs but we have always sat downstairs (where the kitchen and toilets are).

1  Thank Helen M