The Arch London(London)
$206
$144
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Park International Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$112
$105
  • Bar/Lounge
$275
$219
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Savings alert! 39% below average rates

The price you found is 39% lower than this hotel's average rate of $358/night.

Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$279
$122
$153
CrownePlaza.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $182/night.

$259
$251
  • Restaurant
All reviewstransport linksstayed for two nightsrooms are smallwould stay here againmulticulturalunderground
Reviewed September 9, 2017 via mobile

We walked past this hotel whilst looking for it as it looks like a coffee shop - which in essence is what it is masquerading as an hotel. Photographs are deceiving making it look far more spacious than it actually is. The rooms, whilst ok, are exceptionally hot - and that was with the air conditioning on - so we spent two incredibly uncomfortable nights in this place. On top of that the noise from the Edgware Rd is so loud we thought we'd got the window open - we hadn't - so traffic and sirens was the order throughout each night. Breakfast on our first morning was beyond appalling. Tables had not been relayed following earlier covers, had to ask twice for cups and saucers. Supplies not topped up so had to ask for boiled eggs. Coffee stewed and luke warm. Asked for brown toast - somebody had to run down to Sainsburys to buy the bread - then served same bread barely warm and passed it off as toast. No side plates. Then once we'd given up all hope and had eaten said 'toast' the boiled eggs arrived! Shambolic. My advice would be to steer clear of this place - there are many other hotels to chose from. This one wouldn't make anyone's choice list

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends
Philipp W, General Manager at Maitrise Hotel Edgware Road, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2017

Dear Sheznex. Thank you for your review. Our Edgware road property is located in central London next to Edgware Road underground and other famous landmarks therefore a certain degree of traffic noise has to be expected. Our breakfast offering is currently under review and can only apologise should this not have passed your high standards. Regards Philipp Weiss – General Manager

Reviewed August 25, 2017 via mobile

If I hadn't have booked this hotel through the Best Western phone service I wouldn't have believed it was linked with any brand or global standards but as we were only in London for a couple of nights and I used my points to make the booking the room was in essence free...

We were glad also of being upgraded to the family suite as there are 4 of us on the trip but a small double bed and a single that was just big enough for our 7 year old son wasn't really what was expected from this global chain.

The bathroom was fitted out ok but it would have helped if it was actually possible to open the shower door and sit on the toilet without wedging yourself in but as the room was so small ...

Breakfast was a 'continental style' but was limited to 1 of each item and hamburger square cheese but the staff were friendly enough and despite trying to charge for a decaf coffee on the first morning attentive and pleasant...

Night security was very evident and although the door to the room did lack a chain or similar was comfortable with the arrangements.

The beds, despite being small were actually fairly comfortable but as I have no idea of the actual rack rate (nor will I be looking) I couldn't comment if good value for money.

Great location for access to the subways and with a bus stop outside very easy to get around town on public transport but be aware that the area is not what some people would expect from being 'in London' and so close to national landmarks and open spaces...

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Philipp W, General Manager at Maitrise Hotel Edgware Road, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2017

Dear Guest. Thank you for your review, am pleased to read that we were able to upgrade you to a larger room (free of charge) and that you found our staff friendly and helpful. We provide 24 hour reception cover to ensure that our guests and the property is looked after. Central London can be very busy at times and attracts all kind of nationalities so I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed the positioning of the hotel. Regards Philipp Weiss – General Manager

Reviewed August 23, 2017 via mobile

Here on holiday, stayed 2 nights in the hotel. From the outside the hotel doesn't look great as it's situated in a cafe with reception in the corner of the face however we really liked our room. It didn't have any windows and we were in the basement (if that bothers you make sure you tell then when booking to get a alternative room) the room was modern and clean, shower was fantastic as we're the staff who were helpful. It was really closer to lord crickey ground and madam tusades and easy to access the underground stations to most of the city. As a relatively cheap base to explore London I would come here again.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Philipp W, General Manager at Maitrise Hotel Edgware Road, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2017

Dear Isa W. Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay in our Edgware property, indeed the hotel is based in Central London so an ideal base if you want to explore London and all its sites. We work hard to ensure that our hotels are looked after so I am pleased that you enjoyed our modern and clean room. Our staff pride themselves with genuine hospitality so I am very happy to hear that you found our team friendly and helpful. Best wishes Philipp Weiss – General Manager Maitrise hotels

Reviewed July 14, 2017

We too, like some reviewers were handed a basement room with no window - not what is advertised for a standard double room. The room itself was tiny, we could barely move around to get dressed etc. I had an awful night's sleep as the bed was too small and a hard mattress. The snoring from next door's room was dreadful as the walls were paper thin. I was terribly unhappy with our stay, would not recommend. The air con did not work at night so we were really hot too.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MissJosieMarie
Philipp W, General Manager at Maitrise Hotel Edgware Road, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2017

Dear MissJosieMarie

Thank you for your review. As per my previous replies – our hotel is purpose build and in the centre of London where basement rooms are on offer, some without windows. When making a reservation guests can request rooms on the upper floors (subject to availability) with a window but in turn the basement rooms are much quitter then the ones facing the main road. The Issue with the Air-conditioning has been reported and since been fixed. Sincerely Philipp Weiss General Manager – Maitrise Hotels

Reviewed July 13, 2017 via mobile

Now given this hotel advertise themselves as a '4 Star Boutique Hotel', my experience was far from what I was expecting.

As a business traveller I stay in London Hotels on a weekly basis but this, I must say, was an experience !!

Having checked-in, at what appears to be a 'Coffee Shop' I was given the keycard to my room.  The room was in the basement which I didn't think too much off as many London Hotels have rooms in the basement.  However, to my astonishment I opened the bedroom door and walked into what I can only describe as a 'modernised bunker / prison cell' !! The double bedroom had nice decor and was very small but what's worse, it had NO WINDOWS at all!!! Needless to say I was a little shocked so went back to reception to ask for another room, only to be told they were fully booked.

Now, I am sure they have some nice rooms too, (with windows), but as a 4 Star Boutique Hotel they should not be selling rooms with no windows! Guests should be told in advance if they are going to end up in one of these rooms.

So BE WARNED !! You could end up in the basement like me!  If you prefer to take the risk, then good luck,  but I certainly will not be staying at this hotel ever again!!

Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business
3  Thank AmmyR123
Philipp W, General Manager at Maitrise Hotel Edgware Road, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2017

Dear AmmyR123
Many thanks for your review.
All our rooms have ben purpose build and therefore I cannot share your view of a “modernised bunker” room. Some of our rooms are in the basement and do not offer the option of a window, but as pointed out in your review our rooms have nice décor and offer air purification and conditioning system to ensure a comfortable sleep. Our coffee shop on site offers the same choices as mayor high street brands and is visited frequently by our ever growing clientele. Sincerely Philipp Weiss – General Manager, Maitrise Hotels