“Yummy cake!!”

Laduree London Harrods
Ranked #21 of 281 Bakeries in London
Cuisines: French, Cafe, European
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Knightsbridge
Lancashire, England
“Yummy cake!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

Enjoyed a lovely lunch at Laduree in Harrords., Despite being given a variety of directions from Store staff, we eventually found this outstanding patisserie. Maybe lacks the atmosphere of the one on Champs Elysee, but marvellous nevertheless!! The cakes are to die for and the staff very friendly and extremely helpful to my wheelchair bound mother. A MUST is the Truffle Omelette!!!

• Visited July 2013

• Thai first
  • Turkish first
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

love the tea and Macarroons! the deserts are to die for and soo many varieties. One downside is that they run out of the most popular ones.

Visited February 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Recommend breakfast and tea, only very occasionally lunch or dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

A wonderful place to re-charge during shopping trips in Harrods. I really like the Melange Laduree blend tea, of course, Macarons and other cakes are fantastic. It is a very pleasant place for breakfast and tea. Naturally, even for takeout, Laduree is not cheap but I'd happily pay for these over L'Eto or Patisserie Valerie that don't charge that much less. The ambience here is superb and we never feel rushed out despite the restaurant being very busy most of the time we visit.
However, I think their savoury food is overpriced. We most recently had the three course set lunch with some tea and the bill came to £85 for two before service. The food was not bad at all but for the two or three course prix fix, Laduree charges just as much if not more than Dinner (by Heston) and Marcus Wareing. The food here can occasionally be at a one-michelin star level but it does not happen very frequently.

• Visited January 2013
Miami, Florida
“Just like in Paris... (the good part and the bad part)”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

I love macaroons, and Laduree has THE BEST. In London I have gone three times to the cafe inside Harrods. I've always had 5 different macaroons with the hot chocolate which is amazing!!!!!! Macaroons is a luxury pleasure, because they are expensive, but it is worthwhile. My favorites are raspberry, pistachio and slated caramel, which is absolutely amazing

The only thing I have to say is that the personnel there lost their customer service perspective. Unfortunately, lots if people that shop in Harrods have a lot of money, but no education whatsoever, and waiters give priority to those, and I found that very sad and distasteful. I was once shush by a customer that wanted something right at the moment the waiter was taking our order, and the waiter preferred to speak to this person, than to us. In London, THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. And the last time I went I was in line (I went right at the tea time so it was long), I asked the maitre d' if I could seat somewhere while I waited, as I had at that time very bad back problems and he just suggested the staircase (OMG!) on the floor!!! So I waited in discomfort (both because of the pain and the nothing-close-to-custmer-service attitude).

I had my usual, and at the end I decided to speak with the manager, and explained the situation to him. He was very interested in listening (at least he pretended to) and as a sign of apology he offered to give me a 3 macaroon box. I was not expecting that to be honest, I hope he said something to this guy, because it is a shame that such a delicious place, form the decor, to the food you eat, everything get shadowed by pathetic customer service.

I will say give it a try, because it is worthwhile, I just hope you get better service that I did.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Bett76
London, United Kingdom
“Covent Garden gives Laduree a bad name.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

I have had Laduree in many places including Paris, so naturally I decided to give Laduree at Covent Garden a go. We had to wait to be seated 20 minutes and then were given a table which was still quite dirty from the previous customers. One particular waitress (wearing a pinafore dress) was exceptionally rude and asking the most simple requests or questions resulted in a response from her that was as if I was an annoyance. My friend and I ordered afternoon tea and were told that several of the items were not available. In the end the waitress brought us something different with out asking first as they had completely run out. An establishment like this should not run out of the main items by mid afternoon. The plates and cups were actually so not clean and I had to wipe them round with a tissue. Our tea also arrived with no milk and when I asked the waitress, she grunted, rolled her eyes and stormed off to get us some. The sandwiches were really poor, and I barely enjoyed them. The overall experience was really bad, and the unfriendly, rude staff took away the chic, magic of Laduree. The service charge at the end was certainly not deserved.

I am starting to feel that Laduree is now simply the patisserie for tourists. It is not exclusive and despite being expensive you are treated as if you were at starbucks. I will be looking else where for patisseries now.

• Visited June 2013