“Great Japanese rest” 4 of 5 bubbles

Nambu-tei
Ranked #3,495 of 22,204 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Marylebone
Madrid, Spain
“Great Japanese rest”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

I go to Nambu Tei almost every week because I work nearby ... and because I like it. Very good quality and price. I normally order the sushi boxes but see most of Japanese guests (who are the vast majority of customers) ordering "more complex" dishes.

• Visited November 2013

London
“forever nambu tei”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

Nambu tei has been around since 2004 and a delightful family run Japanese restaurant conveniently located in Baker Street. The food is always delicious and the sushi and sashimi fresh and beautifully presented by Mr Ishibashi the head Chef. The prices are also always reasonable. It's a must for my family and I

Visited October 2013
Mauritius
“Traditional Japanese food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

I ordered the Teriyaki Chicken from the set lunch menu and to my surprise I had a very generous portion. The price was more than reasonable and the staff very friendly. Unusual setting but cosy with old and traditional furniture. Restaurants was packed with businessman. For drinks I ordered green tea which was regularly topped up by our waiter. Overall, definitely going back again, good value for money.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Just like Japan”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

LIke others, I felt this was very authentic and just like being in a typical (but very good) Japanese restaurant tucked away in a mall in downtown Japan. Tasty food with a good choice and attentive staff. Prices were reasonable and while we have been 3 times, we have only ever been at lunchtime, so not sure what the pricing is like at night.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Baghdad, Iraq
“Authentic all the way, lovely staff, nice Japanese food and affordable!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

I shamelessly rip off another reviewer who could not have worded it better in saying 'suthenticity is the key in this very central restaurant'. Discreetly but conveniently located just outside Baker Street Tube and close to Marylebone, it has become one of my favourite places to dine whenever I'm in London.

Sashimi, sushi, teriyaki and bento are all on offer with gentle, courteous staff, Clean, pleasant and comfortable inside, and usefully reasonably busy so they're evidently doing something right. If you're new to it all as I once was , and ask advice on both food and beer, you get genuine advice not a straight steer to the priciest stuff on the menu (though as a treat, I would recommend trying out some of their higher-end stuff). the service is nice and unobtrusive and I loved both the bento and the deep-fried oysters, Absolutely worth going back to and it really does let the essentials do the talking.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Nambu-tei? Share your experiences!