Tripadvisor
London
2,826 results
All reviews the executive lounge borough market southwark station tate modern millennium bridge south bank lounge access globe theatre jubilee line turn down service excellent hotel minute walk mini bar deluxe room modern hotel fantastic stay afternoon tea
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very modern and stylish choice in an incredibly convenient location, just steps behind the Tate Modern. The area is really interesting, full of unique shops and restaurants (and plenty of chains too of course) and just down the road from Borough Market and the buzz of that high street.

The hotel lobby is comfortable, although a bit small. The executive lounge was fantastic, one of the best I've seen. The attached restaurant and bar were quite appealing, and we ate breakfast every day in the hotel and really enjoyed it.

The staff were very accommodating and helpful. We had to choose a second room as our first looked at a wall, and then we were upgraded on the second night of three total. The rooms are really well appointed, simple but elegant-modern. The beds made for a great sleep, and the bathrooms well designed.

I would absolutely stay here again as an option in the Bankside area of London.

Room tip: Ask the staff, and ask for a better room if you don't like the first one you get
Date of stay: January 2020
HiltonLondonBankside, Director - Rooms at Hilton London Bankside, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear FlySwim,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us at the Hilton London Bankside.

I am thrilled to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and our location and hotel facilities were to your convenience.

Your kind comments about our team as well as the service they provide are highly appreciated and they will be absolutely delighted to learn you had an enjoyable stay with us.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Its not often I write reviews and I stay in a lot of very good hotels. The Hilton and specifically Daniele really went the extra mile on service. I was able to sms anything and the reply came almost instantly to resolve and action. I couldn't ask for more. The room was as you would expect. I would stay here again because of the outstanding service.

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear edinburghperson,

I am thrilled to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and our hotel facilities were suited to your needs.

I have personally shared your feedback with Daniele, who is beyond delighted with your kinds words!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed overnight here after a theatre visit. What a great hotel and worthy of their five stars rating. A casual mention that we were celebrating my birthday elicited complementary glasses of Prosecco and on returning to our room a ‘Happy Birthday’ note and beautiful gateaux from Melania and her team at the front desk. Bedroom was super once we had found the wardrobes (!) and the bed very comfortable.

Room tip: All rooms I am sure are great

Dear Julian S,

I am thrilled to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that our team exceeded your expectations on this special occasion.

I have personally shared your feedback with Melania who is delighted with your kind words.

Reviewed January 15, 2020 via mobile

The location is perfect for tourists and in particular families. Bankside is humming with activity and the hotel sits within a few minutes walk of the area. Southwark underground station is a short walk to/from the hotel (less than 10 minutes). The rooms are modern, of good size and stylish. We had interconnecting rooms which were perfect for two young teenagers to have their own space. The staff were very helpful and friendly. We will definitely stay at the Hilton Bankside again.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
HiltonLondonBankside, Director - Rooms at Hilton London Bankside, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2020

Dear Ianbobthomas,

I am delighted to learn that you had a great stay and our location and hotel facilities were to your convenience.

Myself and the team do sincerely appreciate your kind words and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed January 15, 2020

The rooms and hotel were comfortable and beautiful. Our included breakfast as Hilton Gold members was fantastic. Unfortunately, we encountered a couple of issues during our stay that detracted from an otherwise great stay.

The first was a plumbing issue in our room. Turning on the hot water caused a racket from the pipes, almost like a ship's horn. It made using the hot water in the evening difficult after one of us had gone to sleep. To their credit, they seemed to have fixed it by the end of our stay, but it was very bothersome the first couple of evenings.

The second was poor service at Oxbo during breakfast. On one of the mornings, there were about 4 or 5 staff members standing and talking amongst themselves instead of attending to guests. While they mingled, we had to stack multiple plates on our table as no one bothered to come clear them. We had to flag someone down in order to get water and utensils. We noticed a couple at a table next to us looking around, hoping to get a server's attention, to no avail. It was a very frustrating experience.

That said, the chef who handled orders for eggs/waffles/pancakes was wonderful and very friendly. And as said, the food was great.

Location-wise, there isn't much around the hotel to speak of except the Tate, but the Tube is about a 5-minute walk away, which will quickly whisk you away to all the tourist sites in London.

Dear karmasalad,

I am really sorry to hear that you had encountered issues during your stay; however, I am glad to hear that the Engineering Team was able to fix the noise issue.

Rest assured that your feedback regarding your experience during breakfast was shared with our Food and Beverage Manager for review and improvement.

Should you decide to return to our hotel, please feel free to contact me directly so that I can Make it Right to you.