“Very good & different food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Addis Ethiopian Restaurant
Ranked #8,279 of 22,202 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: African, Ethiopian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Very good & different food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

We dropped in here for late dinner on Friday with one of our grown-up sons who is mainly vegetarian. It was my second visit, and the food was as good as I remembered - very tasty and different to the 'run of the mill' you get at other places.
Yes it is not top class cuisine, but well worth a visit - I will certainly return.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank GrumpsDC

Oxford, United Kingdom
“Disappointing, not good if you're on your own”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

I went here while I was travelling on my own through London, and was expecting an injera with all kinds of different little 'side dishes', as I believe is common (I've had this in other Ethiopian restaurants). However, the 'mixed dish' injera is only available for two persons. So I choose the injera with doro wot (a traditional dish), instead. I received two big injeras with a pile of chicken in sauce in the middle. Though there was a good amount of chicken, the dish was very sour, more so than I am normally accostumed to. I also found the staff to be rather unfriendly to me. Perhaps it's better if you go here with more than one person and just pick the mixed dish (which would resemble the photos shown above more.

• Visited April 2014
Brussels, Belgium
“Avoid”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

On their menu, they have a dish with fish as vegetarian. The mix vegetables is very basic, there is not enough different flavours. Food is just ok, nothing special. They have a sticker on their shop window "We welcome Visa, Mastercard", which is wrong ; I have been requested to pay cash, they refused my card. I didn't have enouch change, I had to go to the ATM to withdraw cash. When paying, I adviced to take off the stickers, they didn't care that much and didn't even say sorry. I don't advice this place !

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank Johan_WALTER
London, United Kingdom
“Awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

I have not been in such a bad restaurant ever. The first things I notice when I entered was the smell of damp in the air but as we were both hungry we took our seats. We ordered just two simple vegetarian mains and drinks and that's when the wait started. We kept asking when our food would arrived and kept being told in a minute, it was just farcical and being told it was being cooked fresh. Having just order falafel with hummus and salad this was joke. When it eventually
arrived there was five dried falafel on the plate with mostly salad, a small dollop of hummus and what looked like tinned mayonnaise salad, I just looked at the waiter and said is this what's taken so long to cook, he just shrugged. Just to end the loo's were awful to.

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
“Don't order the traditional coffee.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

Food is nice and well priced. However, we ordered the traditional coffee and that's where things fell apart. It takes 30 mins to make on a good day. After nearly 2 hours and repeatedly being told it was nearly ready, we left. Had the tempting offer of waiting a little longer and paying half price. No thanks!

• Visited February 2014