“Impressive”

Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
“Impressive”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I took some visitors to Goldfish hoping to impress them with our local restaurants and it was a great success. We ordered the crispy duck, which Goldfish do very well, followed by a noodle dish, seasonal vegetables and spicy aubergine. All were brilliant, especially the bok choy, broccoli and asparagus which arrived lightly steamed with plenty of fresh garlic. The staff were very thoughtful, turned on a heater when asked and checked how soon we wanted the second course. If you have food left they will pack it up in nice containers to take home. Goldfish is not cheap but it is good value for an excellent meal. Just one word of warning, there is a bottle of still mineral water on the table when you arrive, don't open it if you would prefer sparkling.

• Visited September 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Really Good - Review for Goldfish in Golders Green, Finchley Rd”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

While the food here is definitely a few pounds more expensive than other Chinese restaurants in the area (i reckon you're looking at between £20-£30 pp), you get what you pay for.
Their specialities are anything fish and seafood, although i've worked my way through the rest of the menu and that's also really excellent. If you love crab, huge prawns, or lobster i'd head down here sharpish!
it doesn't get 5 out of 5 as even though the service is very friendly, it's a little haphazard and their taste in background music doesn't really suit the look and feel of the place in my opinion. I took my parents here last night and they loved it too. I really hope this place works out for the owners as i think they've hit on a really great menu, very well executed. It deserves to do well in my opinion.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank jay L
London
“Goldfish tanked”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Visited Sunday lunchtime as a family Birthday treat. We ordered the dim sum menu. I had had the main menu at the previous location so I had high expectations. We also chose Goldfish because they claim not to use msg.
We were bombarded by very brusque service that kept dumping more dim sum on the table. Although some of the dim sum was good although some of it was mediocre. They appeared to want to get rid of us as quickly as possible although when we left there were only five people in the restaurant.
Later two of the party were very ill in what appeared to be a msg reaction. I telephoned the restaurant to ask whether they used msg but they denied it.
Regardless of the msg factor the service was dreadful. While we looking at the menu, three waitresses came over on different occasions to ask us if we wanted to order drinks. The service was rude and uncoordinated and the hustling possibly related to the fact that we didn't order any alcohol.

• Visited June 2013
London, United Kingdom
“So glad that they are back”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is flavourful, interesting Chinese food in a comfortable setting. Although we were more fond of the previous location in terms of ambiance, what matters more to us is food and service. Both are exemplary. Friendly staff and some interesting items that go beyond the typical chop suey-type places make Goldfish a great choice.

• Visited May 2013
London, United Kingdom
“They have some great dishes, but flavours are far too strong.”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Today was the 2nd time I went to this place. The 1st time I had the lunch menu with a selection of dim sum and beef black bean sauce; they were great and I was pleasantly surprised. Today I ordered the Ribs, which were discusting; bad quality ribs that stick to the bone covered with masses of flavour overload and suger. The main dish was the signiture Prawn dish. Seems like they add too much suger to all dishes, if you like all your good to taste sweet (like sweets) you will like it. At first they were nice, but after a few mouthfuls I felt dehydrated and drank a whole bottle of water. The maindish was also overloaded with suger and flavour enhances chemicals such as MSG. The place is highly over priced and over rated. I liked the girls serving us.

• Visited May 2013