“poor customer care”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: City of London
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I went to this restaurant for lunch, got locked in the bathroom, spent a while screaming and banging the door for help Then the manager came, couldn't do anything, got someone to try to destroy the door with a hatch which finally got me outside. When I got out, no one from the staff went to see me right away to find out if I was okay or needed anything although I was near to having a panic attack. The manager came to find out if I was alright much later having serving other tables in a not-so-busy time. I got to eat the food and then received the bill! There was a real lack of empathy and customer care. A real pity.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Recommended by a work colleague, I have visited Sri Thong on many an occasion over the past few months. With a pleasant, relaxed atmosphere and grat service, Sri Thong provides a great menu of fresh and tasty dishes. I would highly recommend giving it a try

Reviewed August 3, 2012

I took 3 friends for lunch last friday 27th july 2012 -one from Asia and a french speaking Scotsman who lives in the Cameroons. We had another fantastic meal . food and service was excellent . the beautiful Yum spinach / singapore veg noodles and duck breast coated in honey
and peppers and a red duck curry and chilli prawns and chilli squid in lovely batter ,chicken satay- some rice, some wine and several large bloody spiced mary.
I have been to the sri thong for lunch about 50 times now over the last many years and I have so many repeat requests to go again . I can highly recommend it.
John Carruthers

Reviewed July 5, 2012

As a regular at 'the thong' probably a little biased but I just love the home cooked family run feel. Last visit met chef Jack - tattooed, abrubt and no smile and only one love - Thai cooking. I can take the grey face - his smiling staff make up for that....and the food. His food is everything and more you expect from a land that draws together flavours from China and India. I had the green curry - fiery and rich in a traditional roti my sister had a Larb Nua salad - heavily veined Scottish rib eye cooked rare (to our order) with a fragrant, zesty lime and mint salad. Wines are very respectable - we had a £20 Spanish Albarino (managers tip). Desserts are light and simple - Moorish Affogato - hot espresso over vanilla pod ice cream in a tumbler was a pleasing finish.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Eaten in here a few times. Although it is almost like a 'cafe setting' it is good, tasty Thai food and I have only really had 1 slightly dodgey experience in here where my food was completely covered in fish sauce! The other several times I have been have been generally good. The Thai red curry is lovely with a few extra green chillis added to it.

Definitely would recommend.