“gourmet thai food”

Neighborhood: City of London
Brentwood, United Kingdom
“gourmet thai food”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I took 3 friends for lunch last friday 27th july 2012 -one from Asia and a french speaking Scotsman who lives in the Cameroons. We had another fantastic meal . food and service was excellent . the beautiful Yum spinach / singapore veg noodles and duck breast coated in honey
and peppers and a red duck curry and chilli prawns and chilli squid in lovely batter ,chicken satay- some rice, some wine and several large bloody spiced mary.
I have been to the sri thong for lunch about 50 times now over the last many years and I have so many repeat requests to go again . I can highly recommend it.
John Carruthers

• Visited July 2012

London
“Great ingredients - great value”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

As a regular at 'the thong' probably a little biased but I just love the home cooked family run feel. Last visit met chef Jack - tattooed, abrubt and no smile and only one love - Thai cooking. I can take the grey face - his smiling staff make up for that....and the food. His food is everything and more you expect from a land that draws together flavours from China and India. I had the green curry - fiery and rich in a traditional roti my sister had a Larb Nua salad - heavily veined Scottish rib eye cooked rare (to our order) with a fragrant, zesty lime and mint salad. Wines are very respectable - we had a £20 Spanish Albarino (managers tip). Desserts are light and simple - Moorish Affogato - hot espresso over vanilla pod ice cream in a tumbler was a pleasing finish.

• Visited June 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Nice food, good service”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Eaten in here a few times. Although it is almost like a 'cafe setting' it is good, tasty Thai food and I have only really had 1 slightly dodgey experience in here where my food was completely covered in fish sauce! The other several times I have been have been generally good. The Thai red curry is lovely with a few extra green chillis added to it.

Definitely would recommend.

• Visited July 2012
London, United Kingdom
“I think the chef forgot to turn up”
Reviewed May 24, 2012

I have eaten in Sri Thong on a number of occasions and always really enjoyed the food there. However last night when we visited, I think the chef mustn't have turned up. The starters were ok but the mains were really poor. I had green chicken curry, which was awful. It was really thin with no hint of coconut milk or spices. My husband had a red duck curry which was really poor with very little meat. The waitress was also miserable and didn't manage a smile once. What a shame this place has gone off.

• Visited May 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Thailand on your doorstep”
Reviewed February 24, 2012

simple decor but clean....food tasted terrific, this is a special thai restsurant which my wife and i love....be sure to try it out. You will not be dissapointed