“Great place for your japanese products and food!”
Review of Japan Centre

Japan Centre
Order Online
Ranked #103 of 1,667 Quick Bites in London
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Neighborhood: Trafalgar Square / Embankment
Neighborhood: Trafalgar Square / Embankment
Reviewed July 20, 2019 via mobile

Very lovely place. Nice food and all your japanese product needs is in this place. Best to visit with friends and family

Date of visit: July 2019
Write a reviewReviews (408)

Reviewed July 17, 2019

Wow, you can find awesome products, hot food (ramen, chicken skewers marinated in the most amazing sauce, fish..), sweets and drinks that you have never seen or tasted before! Also the range of bowls and chopsticks that you can buy is unbelievable!

Great shop with kind and friendly staff makes your shopping experience in the Japan Centre unforgettable!

I highly recommend this shop that has everything you need to buy and enjoy eating delicious food.

Reviewed July 11, 2019 via mobile

I bought lots of products in this shop, but i’m not happy because lots of this were exipired!! I don’t know if I will come there again...

1  Thank Nicosonoio
JapanCentreGroup, Japan Centre Team at Japan Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2019

Hello, many of our Japanese expiration dates are displayed in the opposite way to that of British expiration dates. We would appreciate if you could please amend your review. Many thanks.

Reviewed June 26, 2019

I love coming to the Japan Centre, it has so many things in relation to Japan that I can't get back at home.
I was however sent here to get melon bread for my sister, and I knew that they had moved, I didn't realise how big the place was going to be though!
It's mainly downstairs now, though i think there is a takeout place upstairs if you are just wanting to grab something and go. It's bright and airy, it's easy to get around and it's simple to find things too.
I would say that things have become more expensive than they were before, I don't recall spending about £4 for melon bread last year when I was here, however I understand that it's in a better location for people to find them now, so the rent would probably be more too.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed June 24, 2019

As a lover of all things Japanese I was really excited to go to the Japan Centre, but it wasn't quite what I was expecting! The shop aspect of it is actually quite small, we have some Asian supermarkets in Brighton which are around the same size. Obviously this isn't just your average Asian supermarket, but I must admit I was a bit disappointed with that aspect of it.

Obviously I arrived hungry so also had to order food. The tempura don I had was so flipping delicious I've been trying to find somewhere local that replicates the yum factor and haven't been successful so far! I will return!

Date of visit: February 2019