“So average”

Bodean's BBQ - Old Street
Order Online
Ranked #2,833 of 27,952 Restaurants in London
Description: Whether you’re a wolf of the City Square Mile, a Hoxton hipster or an overseas visitor in search of that corner of London town that is forever KC, Bodean’s extends a wide-open welcome at the sign of the golden pig. Since opening our first branch in 2002, Bodean’s is the first choice destination for slow-cooked, low-smoked barbecue lovers here in town and worldwide. Nor are we just talking one nation under a porker, but prime beef, USDA, wings, slow smoked Tri-Tip Brisket and seriously hearty veggie options too. What better than a prime location where alternative London overlaps with the world-class business capital, Bodean’s in Old Street is where it is at.
Reviewed January 17, 2019

Had the buffalo chicken burger and fries. Ho hum. Chicken overcooked, fries scattered across the plate. C'mon guys - you can do better than this!

Reviewed January 15, 2019

Came for a quick dinner - really enjoyed ourselves. Service was pleasant/friendly, food came very quickly and was delicious. Generous portion sizes although (thankfully!) not as big as US portions. The price was very reasonable (we had a voucher code which reduced the bill down but even so). Big screens show various US sports and there is a decent beer selection so it would be a good place to come hang out with friends.

Overall this isn't a fancy place and perhaps not up there with genuine Southern food, but as good a BBQ as I've had in London...

Reviewed January 14, 2019 via mobile

We have been going to this branch since it opened, I think 4 years ago?!
It’s the best restaurant we’ve been too!
The food is absolutely delicious!
Their burnt ends, pulled pork and Tri Tip Steak sandwich are mine and my boyfriend’s favourite meal and out friend enjoys the Baby Back Ribs

They cater for all, meat eaters or vegetarian. The atmosphere is lively, it can get quite loud, as it gets busy mainly on Friday evenings.

The staff are knowledgeable when questioned about their dishes if you’re unsure what to eat.
They update their menus regularly so there’s always something new to eat.

The staff.... well myself and my boyfriend and our friends are always treated like we’re friends of the waiting staff and managers.
The team are absolutely amazing. The service we get is the best.
In fact, it’s like going to see friends when we visit this Branch. The hospitality is outstanding.
I wish this branch would get recognition from their head office for the amazing work they all do.

Reviewed January 9, 2019 via mobile

I work away in the week so dine alone a lot. Stayed in Shoreditch so I visited one of the newer Bodean’s restaurants and was not disappointed. If you’re a big meat eater you will LOVE this place. The waitress was friendly as I was alone and checked in to make sure I had everything I needed. She recommended the burnt ends (wet) and rib combo. Plenty of different sauces to try on the table so I had a squirt of all of them to dunk my fries in. The food was cooked beautifully and extremely tasty. I left feeling happy and full. You must visit a Bodean’s if you get the chance to. Great food and a nice relaxed atmosphere.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed December 19, 2018 via mobile

I have been a few times before, but not to this one, and Bodeans is a fairly decent BBQ food place.

Their tri-steak side course is very tasty. Their platters are good but I find most of the food is slathered in BBQ sauce so starts to all taste the same after a while.

The Blue Moon beer is good and service is friendly.

Not bad value and you can be in and out fairly quickly. Also got screens showing sports if your dining companions are a bit dull - mine weren’t!!

Date of visit: December 2018