“Easirent Car Hire - 0 Customer Service”

London Town Car Hire
Ranked #215 of 305 Transportation in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I booked with Easirent many times, I even have an Loyalty number, and beside long queue times I had no issues until the last time when I was refused the car based on wrong demands.
I arrived on the 27. April 2019 Friday at 21:30 at the Gatwick branch and was told that I was too early to pick up the car (30mins) and so I need to pay more. I joked that I never got any refund when I received my car 1-2 hours later which happened many times with Easirent. From there it went downhill.
The Easirent employee demanded proof of address which I couldn’t provide. I told him that on the booking reference it doesn’t say anything that I need proof of address when arriving through the airport. I arrived from Ireland.
The Easirent employee explained that this was a recent changed because 4 cars got stolen and so now they have to demand proof of address. This was a lie which another employee from this branch confirmed three days later when I called them to complain.
I was desperate to get the car and to drive down to Portsmouth which is around 2h away so I told him that in the past I lived in UK and that I can provide this address. I was told that he will do an address check to confirm. I failed because the number which came back was too low. I think what he did was a credit check without my consent.
Based on this he couldn’t give me the car. I was told that the next day I can talk to the Easirent customer service to sort this issues or I can cancel. I decide to cancel, which turned out to be the right decision. We found our way down to Portsmouth using Taxi + train and with a much higher cost then I paid for 1 week car hire from Easirent.
Next day I did what I was told from the Easirent employee and called the headquarters to sort the issue. But I only had an answering machine on the line which told me to leave my phone number so they can call me back. Another lie as nobody called me back!
On Monday I called them again and I was told that I can only rebook the car with a much higher rate than I booked previously and that I have to complain online through my online account. I didn’t want to pay again as I already paid for one week car hire so decided against it.
I also called the Gatwick branch where an Easirent employee confirmed that it’s not required to have proof of address when arriving through the airport. He asked me why I didn’t show my ticket but I explained that I was never asked and I told them that I arrived through the airport. This Easirent employee too gave me the feeling that this was my issue and that only I caused this situation. Am I responsible for training the Easirents employees?
I filled out the online complaint which then automatically was sent to the branch office I had the problem with. How ironical! It’s needless to say that I didn’t expect any answer. After 14 days later still no answer. This was Easirents promised respond time. Another lie!
After 14days I logged in again and now I was able to escalate it to the regional manager. But 1 week later still no answer.
I only want my money back and then just forget about them!
This should be a warning for everybody who books with Easirent. They are getting too many complaints that they can’t process them anymore so please stay away. I agree they are cheap, cars are clean and new but this comes for a price with 0 customer service and 0 customer service skills of their employees.
Just imaging you arrive on Friday evening after a long flight at the Easirent branch, you are tired and your kids too, but with the uncertainty if you get the car, being exposed to the mercy of Easirents employees. Do you really want this for your family?
My recommendation is to pay for the service and stay with the mainstream car hire companies

Another point to mention is that in Gatwick branch the employees disappear with your driving licence + credit card behind a high desk so you don’t see what happens. Make sure that you never give your credit card away because they have enough time to note your credit card details. I had to cancel my credit card a couple of days ago because of credit card fraud. I don’t have proof yet but I used my credit card only for car hire in this branch so I suspect it was somebody of their employees.

Reviewed May 20, 2018

I travel once a month from Scotland to N. Ireland to visit my elderly mother who is in poor health. Each time I hire a car at Belfast International airport and all the rental companies I have used (Budget, Hertz, Firefly, Eurocar, Dooley) have been excellent.
Yesterday I used Easirent for the first time. I appreciate there are good companies (all those I had used so far) bad companies (up to now none in the car rental sector) but this is the first time I’ve found any company that I’d actually describe as “Evil”.
I booked though Money Supermarket/Economy bookings/ Easirent. The money supermarket website allows you to choose round hours only. As my plane was arriving at 10-30 (flight number included in the booking) I selected 10pm.
The plane was on time and I called the Easirent number provided on arrival. The person who answered was very unclear (not a native English speaker) but after several repeats I worked out where I would be picked up. After a very long wait I was eventually picked up and transported to a very remote pick up site well away from the airport.
The attendant on arrival went through the check in procedure. He added a hefty charge for late pick up, even though I arrived at the planes expected arrival time (the flight number was given at the time of booking). I told him I thought this was unfair and I intended to complain and asked for details of who to complain to. They weren’t supplied. He was clearly stressed out and became aggressive and frankly insulting. I am a very calm person, was polite, never raised my voice but told him I would also complain about how he had behaved.
At this point he told me he was refusing to provide the car I had hired online and demanded that I leave the building. I again explained that I needed a car to get to my mother’s house 70 miles away, explained the particular circumstances with my ill mother (who was on the phone worrying), that I was willing to pay his “late fee” (though restated that I would complain in writing after the hire). I asked that he call his manager to resolve maters but he declined to do so saying that he was the manager.
At this point he told me he would call the police if I didn’t leave. I suggested calling his manager would be a more positive solution but I would be very happy to speak to the police if he called them. He they called the police and after his third call they arrived several hours later.
The two officers (who I’m sure had more important things to do on a Friday night) were extremely helpful. They drove me round all the local car rental companies (which unfortunately long since closed), asked permission from their superiors to drive me to my mother’s house (which unfortunately was declined due to other events they were needed for) and eventually took me to a taxi company who drove me to my destination for a fee of £75. Having landed at 10-30pm I got to my destination around 4am.
So, a tale of two attitudes. The police service who were superb and I will be writing to the chief constable to say thank you, and Easirent who not just had bad service but were actively vindictive.

2  Thank queensferry2012
Reviewed May 9, 2018

1. WAITED 1.5 HOURS for the car
2. The fee you pay is NOT all inclusive ....have to pay a HEFTY insurance fee or you are liable up to 1250 POUNDS if the car is damaged
3. THE WORST!!!!!

1  Thank pattigiovine
Reviewed April 20, 2018 via mobile

same just happened with us. they are rude arrogant and have no customer service skills. a £35 rental ended up costing us an extra £200 plus they took NOT HELD took £95 of our card for fuel incase we did not refill it which we did and have still not returned it and are ignoring us. disgusting!@ and one also told my husband to JOG ON!

1  Thank henrylouise
See more reviews
Reviewed April 8, 2018

Wish I HAD READ REVIEWS PRIOR TO MY EXPERIENCE. I have had a compliant going with then now for 40 days, i rang the office day 2 of my car hire to question my invoice but was told all complaints had to be on line only and take 30 days to respond to. Basically no car was available at all when i arrived even though one was reserved on line. I paid a deposit on line which was not taken into account at the time i paid, i was not allowed a car until i paid the extra policy as i was told that I would not be insured at all. The excess i could have paid on my CC was glossed over and magically as soon as i paid over and above the advertised price a car appeared. After 15 hours travel , threat of no car, miles from any other car rental office, money already invested i had no choice but to hand over money. Their complaint process is the worst and the replies you get back are generic and do not actually answer the questions you ask...Very poor company run out of a small office in the back room of a hotel near LGW, Stay away. All other comments here are true of my experience.

1  Thank ian m