“Lovely clean hotel”

The RE London Shoreditch
Ranked #578 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Very nice, spacious room (probably a bit larger than normal as we happened to be given a disabled room).
The room and bathroom were very clean. Extremely comfy bed and pillows. All staff we came in contact with were very polite and helpful.
We didn't eat in the restaurant, so cannot comment on the food.
The hotel was a 10 minute walk from the Bethnal Green tube station.
Would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I stayed here for 3 days, for a business trip. I was on the 3rd floor, and the wifi would not work in my room. When I called reception about it, they offered to reboot the router, and that is where their support options started and ended. My only option was to go down to the lobby if I wanted to use the network, which is not really acceptable for a modern hotel. A small gripe, but the phone was over in a corner of the room, nowhere near the bed, which was a strange placement, so again when I had to make a work call, I just went down to the lobby. Perfectly acceptable, but far better options to be found around London in my past experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JoeOr
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Stayed here for three nights with a friend for a girly trip to London. We were travelling by tube so followed previous reviews and used Bethnal Green tube to travel around. We found that this was not too far to walk approx ten minutes which was fine during the day but a little daunting late at night. The check in was fast and the male member of staff was very polite and efficient. The rooms were extremely clean and the bathroom products replaced daily. The only fault i could find was that my bed was not very comfy it was lumpy and felt like the springs were worn but i never brought this matter up to reception my friend was more than comfy though and slept extremely well. They also offered free bottled water which was a nice touch. The reception and bar area were beautiful absolutely spotless and on drinking in the bar in the evening i was pleasantly surprised at the prices i expected to pay more and found the hotel prices cheaper than other places we visited during our stay. I dont think that i have stayed in a hotel cleaner than this and would definitely stay here again as it was handy for travelling about and the price was very good.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Booked one night in advance for a friend's wedding. Rate was £120 room only for a twin room from laterooms.com. Not cheap, but OK for a nice hotel in London. I know I've paid similar for a much inferior hotel!
The hotel is stylish and modern. The bedroom and bathroom was on the small side but was fine and immaculate. Bed was comfortable.
Front of house staff were excellent and very helpful. They booked us a taxi to get over to Mayfair at a good rate.
We didn't have breakfast in the hotel, but had lunch and the food was good.
Would recommend this hotel for a weekend break. It is about a 10 minute walk from Bethnal Green tube station so it is easy to get into town via the District Line
I've only given a lower rating for sleep quality because we were in an adjoining room and I think there was a baby in the next room which woke up very early - maybe in a non-adjoining room it wouldn't have been a problem! And the rooms are a little small, so I've scored less for the room too.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I stayed for one night after two exhausting days of travel. I new where the hotel was and walked in and got a reasonably priced room. The bar and dining area are in an open area adjacent to the reception.

I found the check in was efficient. The room was basic but clean, small and comfortable. In the bathroom there was a shower in a bath-tub. Very English but not really to my liking. I prefer a shower cubicle.

The room was comfortable and it reflected a lower budget type quality. A cheap phone that the "0" for reception worked only intermittently. A small flat screen TV hung on the wall.

Awful generic commercial "art" can be seen in the hotel. The sort of stuff that could be found mass produced by "art" sweatshops in Asia. However the nature despite the slightly pretentiousness of the hotel it is comfortable and I would use it again if the price is available was below £100 a night.

There are no real facilities but it has complimentary wifi with a decent speed.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 3, 2013

When I booked this hotel I did my usual routine location check by Google Earth. If I´d been more alert the distance to West End would have made me find another hotel. But sometimes a mistake could be turned into a success, like the booking of this hotel.
The hotel itself feel fairly new but located in a rather run-down district along Hackney Road. This does not imply non-safe surroundings, just that the area needs a face-lift.
The rooms are large with a lot of space and there is a good bath (where the maid replaced used schampoos etc every morning) with large thick towels. On the gound floor a large lounge and a good restaurant (serving both Engling and Continental breakfasts, both good value for the money).
From communcation point of view the hotel is located, as mentioned, a bit from West End but there is a bus-stop just outside the door and with a frequency of 7-10 minutes there are buses to Oxford Circus and Aldwych. It is also possible to take the subway at e.g. Liverpool Street Station (seven minutes away bu bus) or at Bethnal Green (five minutes by foot).
The only thing we missed when we were back from our long days in West End were a wider selection, and better signal quality, of TV-channels.

Room Tip: Book a superior room or a mini-suite.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank FontanaACS
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night whilst watching Greenday at the Emirates Stadium. The hotel is a bit further a field than I first thought, a taxi into the centre of London ( to the tourist parts such as the eye or big ben ) was a minimum of £20 each way. The hotel itself is very well decorated, with a nice bar / eating area. Parking in a secure car park under the hotel was £20 for the entire stay, which is great value. The room was quite small considering we upgraded to an executive, but was more than adequate for us. The service from the reception staff was first class, very helpful and very polite, however a few of the waitresses seemed to have a massive attitude problem, one in particular. All in all, its a lovely hotel but I'll try and stay closer to central London next time.

• Stayed: May 2013