“excellent but wish it was quieter”
Review of Dinings

Dinings
Ranked #1,274 of 27,514 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Marylebone
Reviewed March 18, 2019 via mobile

excellent food ans some creative fusion ideas if very expensive but worth it. The room is large and I enjoyed sitting at the counter and watching the chefs prepare sushi.
however it is a very crowded place and becomes too noisy for a restaurant at this level.
I was alone but if I had been with company it would have been nearly impossible to carry on a conversation.

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed March 7, 2019

Really loved dinner here. Sure the restaurant is small to say the least but the flavours and inventiveness of the menu really excelled.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed February 11, 2019

The other reviewers made comments on its ambience and setting, and YES it is dingy, at a basement, but trust me, as a japanese food enthusiast and growing up in Asia, they serve LEGIT japanese-fusion food. I recommend the tacos, all of it, all flavors are equally amazing. It is rather unfair for your entire comment on the place base on the setting itself.

The staff isnt always warm, but MOST of the staff are very good, and i highly respect the innovation the main chef/owner has taken on the food. All in all, do check this place out whenever you are in London, - commented by an asian foodie from Hong Kong! They DO NOT disappoint.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed January 22, 2019

I went to Dinings with my wife as I was near the area and had good recommendations from my work colleagues. I was able to get an early sitting and I was not disappointed. To simply put, this is the best japanese food I have tasted for a long time (and we get japanese on a regular basis). As a previous reviewer put it, the food is Imaginative, creative and delicious!
I read earlier reviews re: bad service, I must admit the waiters and the service were excellent. It maybe due to the fact we had a 6.15pm slot and therefore the restaurant was not busy, but for us the waiters were excellent.
I will definately return with my whole family next time.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed November 15, 2018 via mobile

The food is okay specially for the price they are charging. I found the flavour combinations hit and miss. The scallop tataki had too much salt and hamachi carpaccio had too much sourness to it. It seemed presentayion was more considered than the flavour but even the presentation you will find in other restaurants to be better. The decor and ambience is lacking.

Date of visit: November 2018