“Nice and relaxed diner”

Beck's cafe
Ranked #555 of 22,564 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Holborn
“Nice and relaxed diner”
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

This is a pleasant local diner with a genuine feel to it. The food is good, the service friendly and fast, the portions large. There is nothing amazing about the place or the food, but it has some charm. We will come back.

Visited February 2014

• Korean first
Milton Keynes
“What a find!”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

I happened to find this place while visiting London. Spent many of my nights enjoying the great food they serve as they are open till late.

The staff were friendly and efficient. The food was great and extremely reasonably priced. Many a nights I would eat a home cooked dinner with some wine for less than what you would normally expect to pay around the area.

It has a great atmosphere and next time I am in London I will definitely be visiting again.

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Proper British all day breakfast”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

My sister and I stopped by Beck's Cafe in Holborn for a weekday dinner. We weren't after anything fancy, just good proper British grub and that's what we got at Beck's Cafe.

Beck's has got a good solid menu with plenty of choice. They have plenty of breakfast options, served all day, and all at reasonable prices. We both went for the traditional breakfast which at £6.50 is great value for central London. I like the fact that you can get one all day; many places stop serving breakfast at midday. The portions are huge with everything you would want from an English breakfast; bacon, sausage, beans, mushrooms, two eggs, chips and tomatoes. You also get a choice of either a mug of tea or coffee and toast or bread.

The service was very good and we got our meals quickly. The cafe itself is pretty small but as it's off the main street, it wasn't too busy. Lots of cabbies seem to come here which is a good sign in London.

We decided to share a dessert and picked the apple pie (which is actually a struedel) with custard. It was nice enough but nothing to write home about. The breakfasts are definitely where it's at.

London, United Kingdom
“Best Breakfast and Coffee”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Becks serves up a superb breakfast, everything you need in the morning.
They also have a surprisingly good coffee. Becks will not disappoint.

London, United Kingdom
“Best coffee in town”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

This cafe is around the corner from where I work. I went there for the first time and the coffee I had was excellent. It was the best coffee I had and great value for money. I paid for two coffess what i would pay for one in Pret Manger. I am told that the sandwiches are great too.

• Visited September 2013