“Good before a show”

Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Greenwich
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We've been here a few times, usually pre-show, and we always book as otherwise it can be hard to get a table as the whole place naturally gets very busy. The 'event' menu is very good value, I especially like the Pato Taquito starter and Xinxim main from it, and 2 for 1 cocktails is always a good thing. We've not had any of the problems a few other people have mentioned so maybe we've just been lucky but for us it's always been very tasty food and perfectly good service so we will continue coming back for the slightly different to usual menu.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

I recently visited Las Iguanas at the O2 and was disappointed with the time it took to get served. The place was not crowded and it seemed like only 1 person was working to serve the entire restaurant.

The server when he arrived was very pleasant and took my order which arrived in short order. However the food was lukewarm. Considering it's not a cheap meal but a sit down restaurant I was hoping for slightly better service and quality of food.

Service charge is included and I think most people feel obliged to pay regardless of service provided. Course, I didn't complain about the quality of the food but did fill in a card to review their service.

If one is in a rush to see a show, I would avoid this. If you are used to average service and food then this will match your expectations.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We had the 2 course meals for £16.99 per person 2 mains and 2 desserts both were very nice. I had the burrito (steak one) which does not come with fries/chips but no biggy. The wife had NEW THE CUBAN REVOLUTION A Castro-nomic wonder. Toasted ciabatta rises up with sliced emmental, tomato, gherkin, mustard & aioli, served with slaw & Fries or Salad. Stuffed with: Mexicansmokedchipotlechicken) now we have had chipotle chicken many times but this was very spicy and the wife could only eat half the sandwich, not really good when you have a long night ahead with a show. The desserts were fine as were the 241 cocktail pitchers we had
(well it was warm ). Overall a pleasant stay food good but some warning for the spicy ones would be a good start.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is a first for me, reviewing somewhere I haven't actually eaten at! The only reason anyone goes here is to get a meal before a show, and the same applied to us. We were shown to an 'outside' table and were astonished to be placed under a large umbrella with the heaters on full blast. The outside temperature was 30 degrees (week of the heatwave) and it must have been 40+ under there. We were assured it would be turned off but we waited and waited and no staff turned up, either to take an order or turn off the heaters. Hence we walked out, the temperature was insufferable. I apologise if the restaurant is normally tip top but this was quite absurd and we decamped to Armadillo a few yards away. Establishments in the O2 have a captive audience but need to try harder than this.

LasIguanasHQ, Owner at Las Iguanas O2, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Thank you for letting us know. I can only think this was a technical fault somewhere along the line as our team have been just as affected by the recent heat as everyone else so wouldn't purposely add to it when it's already hotter than Rio! I'll pass on your comments to our area manager but I also do hope that you will forgive this rather scorching blip and maybe give us a try some time. Best regards, Lucy- Las Iguanas

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Went here before a show. 2 for 1 cocktails were nice. Food good & service good. Didn't think it had same atmosphere as a couple of the others I had been too & individual prices weren't on menu - just 2 or 3 course options - I did ask & they said all main meals were same price at £11 (ish can't remember exactly) I don't remember it being like this where we have been previously.
Also didn't like the fact that 2 of us shared a started & had two main meals & they added nearly £6 service charge.
Hasn't put me off the chain but wouldn't use this one again unfortunately.

I'm pleased to hear you are a regular customer. During big events at The O2 we do use a set menu to ensure that we can meet the demands of our guests to be out of the restaurant in good time to take their seats for the show. The menu offers good value against our usual menu with the majority of our most popular dishes being available, and the same fresh and tasty food we always serve. Should you visit again, please be aware that the service charge is always optional at Las Iguanas so please feel free to deduct it from the bill should you wish. Thank you for your feedback. Lucy- Las Iguanas