“nice staff, LOVELY food..”

African Gallery Kitchen
Ranked #684 of 23,357 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: African, Caribbean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Euston / Kings Cross /St Pancras
Reviewed March 19, 2013

What a strange little place!

Decided to go here after googling 'good resturants near Euston station' ...& this was rated very highly.

Had never had African cuisine before, so was interested to try.

The place looks very strange from the outside, not like a restaurat at all - more like a cafe!
We ventured inside & there are only about 6 tables, so we were lucky to get a spot....

Anyway - food was very differet to what I've had before, but very good. Really enjoyed the starter & main course that I ordered. Waiters were also very nice.

They gave us little complimetary sweet things as well at the end :)
Really enjoyed the experience - but don't expect a lavish 5* restaurant, it has a very laid back, cafe-like atmosphere :) Would go back again to grab a quick bite to eat before / after getting a train.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

This is a place that I've been meaning to try for several years. Weekend in London regularly and like to have lunch before catching the train home on a Sunday afternoon. I love Chutneys which is just up the road and have gone there at the expense of trying some of the other eateries on the fabulous Drummond Street. Finally came here for lunch, and can only say that I should have come earlier! Customer service was fabulous. Antonio is passionate about the food that he serves and it comes across. We had ginger beer which was lovely, not carbonated, and fried yam balls with a lovely avocado and coriander dip, followed by goat curry and spicy rice. Had to finish it off with a mango flan. Very good indeed. The food is pre cooked and re-heated - kitchen is not equipped for anything else. But this does not detract from the quality or the flavour. Will definitely be returning - and may even have to try some of the other restaurants on this road too!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I will just add to the chorus of other reviews praising the food, atmosphere and service if this tiny gem of a restaurant. We were visiting from aboard and were looking forward to eating here after reading about it online and it did not disappoint. We phoned a few days ahead for a reservation as there are only five tables. If you love to try off the beaten path places, you'll love African Kitchen Gallery.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was here with a friend last night, and I must say I loved the service, the food, the atmosphere and everything else.

My friend and I were visiting London on business and staying in a nearby Hotel, so we looked up eating places in the vicinity on Trip Advisor and came across this gem - and everything all the other reviews say about this is true.

We had a fish and the chickpeas, and the rice, with a very filling mango juice and some of the african beer - which was very refreshing.

The flavors are very authentic, and the portions are very sizeable, if you were doing a 3 course dinner with 3 people - 2 mains would be enough. We struggled to finish our mains, and that was the only reason we didn't try any of the desserts.

Great for couples or friends, if you want to go to a different place with great food.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Had a day in London and decided to get something to eat close to the station first thing. Found this using the Tripadvisor App for my iPad and thought I would give it a go. I was not disappointed. The food was very different and yes the home made ginger beer is well worth a try. I will definitely make the effort, effort being a poor word when it is less than a few minutes from the station, take my girlfriend here when we next visit London.