“wonderful place”

Cuisines: African, Caribbean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Euston / Kings Cross /St Pancras
Reviewed March 13, 2013

very small place with a great atmosphere and tasty spicy food; Anotionio is very nice and friendly and he can transmit his passion for the food and the quality of ingredients. I'llcertainly want to go back again, to have one more "espresso".

Reviewed March 12, 2013

I came to this restaurant with my friend who recommended it based on reviews she had read on Tripadvisor. The restaurant is located in a quiet side street not far from Euston and unlike other restaurants is of a cosy size holding 4 or 5 tables. This is perfect and makes a big change from dining in extremely busy and noisey restaurants where you need to scream to be heard by your fellow diners. The choice on the menu is varied and there is something for everybody, I was very impressed with the large choice of vegetarian food for non-meat eaters which was of great benefit to my friend. We ordered 3 starters and these were scrumptious, the starters in themselves would be enough to be eaten as a main dish. I ordered a beef dish with rice and the taste was exquisite, I am not normally a beef eater but my dish definitely changed my mind, as a beverage I ordered mango juice which was refreshingly pure mango juice and not from a carton. I was truly impressed by the portion size and it was anything but stingy.Price wise I was very impressed by the good value based on the quality and quantity offered. The decor of the restaurant is eye catching and you can't help but admire all the african arts around you which enhances your dining experience. The owner truly makes your dining experience personal and it makes a definite positive change to be able to interact on a personal level with a restaurant owner in order to understand the ethos behind the food. I would definitely recommend this restaurant if you are looking for good high quality food, somewhere different and authentic and most importantly if you like a quiet dining experience. It's definitely worth a visit and I would definitely return.

2  Thank Nathalie C
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

I walked around in the blistering cold to find this place, but I'm so glad I did. Fantastic food from across the continent with the odd Caribbean dish for good measure. Everything is hand made "with love" and that's exactly how it tasted. It's as close to a home cooked meal as you're going to get and the flavours were Just, lush. Even the home made ginger beer was a surprising treat.

The host was lovely, really engaging and didn't make me feel at all out of place as a lone diner. He was really helpful, explaining everything and asking if I would like extra spices etc.

Tip, if you want real comfort food on a cold night go for the oxtail in cinnamon with spicy rice. Heaven.

Next time I'm in this part of town I'll be back to sample the rest of the menu.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Definitely different and very well worth a visit.

Apart from the excellent food, Antonio makes this such a memorable visit, as he talks lovingly about the food and ingredients.

Try the home made ginger beer and the Goat curry. You'll certainly want to go back. Again and again.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Tasty food - nice and spicy; fresh juice - we had mango juice but did not like it that much, however it did taste fresh. close to Euston, cosy, friendly owner, will go again