“Great local sushi”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Great local sushi”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Local to our home, we visit Makiyaki pretty regularly and are never disappointed with the food or the service. Recommend the Couple's Combo and the Spicy California Rolls - delicious.

• Visited July 2013

London
“Love their huge range of Maki”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Always enjoy eating in Makiyaki for their amazing range of Maki.
Good quality and also other foods on menu good.
Spacious restaurant, big enough for a big group of people.
highly recommended

• Visited June 2013
“Delicious Sushi”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Went to Makiyaki with my lovely husband. Great service and food. The restaurant wasn't very busy, we unfortunately sat next to the table of very loud and full of gossip girls but it did not spoil our evening, we had a great fun listening to their ridiculous stories! Food was really great! We had edamame beans, gyoza and California roll wrapped with crab stick & shrimp and baked (Ocean) which was delicious and even though my husband doesn't like fish sushi he really enjoyed this one! Then we had chicken katsu curry which is our favorite. And to top our stomachs up we had the biggest ice cream ever - the green tea baked ice cream! Absolutely Amazing and I am going back there very soon just for the ice cream. Highly recommended!

• Visited May 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food - disappointing service”
Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Not being overly confident ordering Japanese food, as I've only eaten it a few times, I asked for a recommendation.
What I got was a very disrespectful grunt and a waitress who wouldn't return to my table.
When a waiter took my order the food delivered was very tasty.
Wasn't much atmosphere but to be fair it was a Monday night.

1 Thank Sandward
“Stick tothe sashimi”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Hadn't been here for a few years. High points: sashimi - tuna and salmon good quality; red bean ice cram was delicious; Miso soup was fine; tempura OK
Not such high points: my beef dish Bul Go Gi was bitter and I think a bit over-cooked; my wife's salmon teriyaki was a little dry although tasty and a very generous portion size; the tempura round the red-bean ice-cream was doughy and a bit thick; the green tea ice cream was not pleasant.
Service was low-key but friendly. I think it has gone down hill a bit. Maybe we should have gone for one of the set menus and had more sushi/sashimi.

• Visited February 2013