“Very good”

Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Description: Gaucho source the finest grass-fed beef in the world from Argentina, along with an offering of many other Argentine specialities which range from Latin American style ceviche to chorizo, Gulf de San Jorge lobster, Patagonian lamb and Argentine gambas to traditional empanadas and fine wine. We also offer the largest wine selection in the world outside of Argentina in our restaurants and guests can buy many of the wines from our wine boutique, Cavas de Gaucho on Swallow Street. With seasonally changing menus served across all of our restaurants, we also offer The Gaucho Lunch menu, either two or three courses, between Monday and Friday.
“Very good”
Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

Arrived with some friends on a Saturday evening without having booked, the place was very busy, the lady at reception was extremely helpful and managed to get us seats at the bar desk. The meat was excellent and the wine list interesting. Really do recommend the Chateaubriand, the bernaise sauce was freshly done very light and tasty. The bill in line with the quality of the food and wine. Overall a very pleasant experience.

Visited November 2013

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Perfect atmosphere and food”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

After looking at the online menu for Gaucho I originally thought it was slightly pricey and confusing with all of the different cuts of meat, but once we were inside the restaurant this completely changed. We arrived relatively early, about 6:30pm and the restaurant already had a great atmosphere with lots of groups of friends and couples filling up the tables. It's quite dark inside but I personally liked that. The staff were really friendly and not long after we sat down they bought a tray over showing us all of the different cuts of meat, explaining how each of them are cooked and how they taste, which was such a big help. We both ended up going for the same cut which was without a doubt the best steak I have ever eaten. Perfectly cooked and it was well worth the money. We also didn't have to wait long at all between starters and mains which was great considering how busy it was. I highly recommend!

• Visited October 2013
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Too dark and fairly average steak”
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

I went to Gaucho for a business dinner.

We decided to have the tasting menu which for £50 pp left me hungry. The steak was okay, although very rare and served on cold plates which meant it was stone cold in 2 minutes.

The service was very good though and the wine was superb!

You just need a torch when your inside. Although I'm sure it adds to the atmosphere, I could barely see the food on my plate.

Small and dark ladies toilets makes it a nightmare!

Overall experience was okay, I'm just glad I wasn't paying otherwise I would have slightly begrudged the rather over priced bill.

Personally there are much nicer places to eat good quality steak in London.

London, United Kingdom
“Great Food, service didn't match”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Went to Gaucho Sloane with a group of 4 friends for a birthday. We were really looking forward to it after two of us having had great experiences at other Gaucho restaurants and being big steak fans.
The staff were pleasant however they gave us half glasses of champagne, along with leaving us to pour our own wine (which would be fine, however the other guests seemed to be receiving a far more attentive service). The meal was delicious although, there were discrepancies between the standards of meals despite us all ordering the same tasting plate. We didn't order dessert and went to the bar afterwards which was very buzzy but again the service was lacking.
All in all pleased with the food but disappointed by the service.

• Visited November 2013
Salisbury, UK
“WAY TOO SALTY !!!”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

WHY WHY WHY did you ruin my meal by adding so much SALT ??????? If I hadn't been with my boyfriend and didn't want to upset him as he chose the restaurant I would have sent the whole lot back and asked for it to be recooked as it was pretty horrible.

Fair enough to cook a good steak a bit of salt is required, but not that much. And then even in the side dishes - the tomato salad and the chips, both liberally drowning in salt. There was NO ESCAPE ...

In an era where salt can be added at the table to suit a customers tastes why do this ????

I sincerely hope your chefs see this review and sort this out. I've even been to Argentina this year and the food wasn't ridiculously salty there so it cant even be a cultural thing.

Not only did it ruin the meal itself ( and what was probably a very good piece of steak if I'd been able to taste anything but SALT) I was then dehydrated and thirsty for the next 24 hours.

Décor looked good from what I could make out in the darkness. Personally I like a little more light - when I look into my boyfriends eyes its nice to actually be able to see them!

Service I thought was OK, my partner thought the girls were a little abrupt but thats the eastern Europe / way I think

Overall a major disappointment ...cant believe its got 4/5 on here