“Excellent.”
Review of Gaucho - Sloane

Gaucho - Sloane
Ranked #668 of 22,516 Restaurants in London
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Description: Gaucho source the finest grass-fed beef in the world from Argentina, along with an offering of many other Argentine specialities which range from Latin American style ceviche to chorizo, Gulf de San Jorge lobster, Patagonian lamb and Argentine gambas to traditional empanadas and fine wine. We also offer the largest wine selection in the world outside of Argentina in our restaurants and guests can buy many of the wines from our wine boutique, Cavas de Gaucho on Swallow Street. With seasonally changing menus served across all of our restaurants, we also offer The Gaucho Lunch menu, either two or three courses, between Monday and Friday.
London
“Excellent.”
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I dined at Gauchos at the O2. Our waiter was Noorbeck.Amazing service....I m not a meat lover myself but I was given plenty of info on the non-meat options...he was always at hand. And the food was delicious.

We had a very enjoyable evening...Thank you.

• Visited June 2013

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Meat lovers paradise”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Gaucho is our local steak place when my husband and few of our friend fancy a good juicy steak. I am not a great meat lover so i usually have the ceviche sampler and king prawns with a glass of good champagne. However, i have had a steak as well on few occasions and must admit its very tasty :)

The atmosphere is good and the service typical for the type of restaurant that it is.

The food is good but pricy. But if you are a great meat lover Gaucho is the place to visit.

• Visited February 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent Food & Service”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

This was one of the best steak restaurants I have eaten in anywhere in the world. The food and service were second to none and I would certainly recommend it. It is a little expensive but well worth the treat.

Visited May 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Mixed food and ruined silk shirt by server...”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I was really looking forward to dinner here, taking out my boyfriend's parents for a fun evening out. When we arrived, the atmosphere was super cool and I loved the vibe. The staff were also really attentive, sadly, as the evening went on that attention dwindled. As the evening started, I was thrilled with my starter, the drinks and wine, but as the evening went on, that all changed....

Two of our diners were really happy with their meal, but two of us weren't - our steaks came out cold, which was eventually replaced, but when our other diners were already finished with their meals, which wasn't great. Then, when my plate was cleared, the waiter dripped steak grease on my peach silk top. He told me he'd look for something to clean it but he never came back. I left with a pricey bill, a disappointed evening and a ruined expensive silk top, with no reimbursement from Gaucho - not impressed at all.

• Visited February 2013
Providence, Rhode Island
“A good, if pricey Argentinean steak restaurant”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

If you remember that is something costs $1 in the US it will cost $1.60 (1 £) in London, the sticker shock won't prevent you from enjoying the excellent steaks and good service that starts with one of two immensely tall elegant young women guide you to your table where an equally tall elegant waiter with which I assume is an Argentinean accent takes your orders after showing you a plate of meat and explaining the cuts. We ate at Gaucho twice this last visit, and the first time I had three different cuts of steak, the second something described as spicy steak. It turned out not to be particularly spicy, if by spicy you mean hot, just beautifully flavored — the best steak I have had in a long time. They have some excellent vegetables, including peas and bacon with spinach and baby onions. The tomato salad was generous and unusually good. The setting is elegant, too. I'll go back again. The only place I had a good Manhattan in England.

• Visited April 2013