“Disappointment”

Cuisines: Pakistani
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I came to this restaurant with some friends who were visiting from Dubai. I asked the waiters if it was a Halal restaurant and he told us it was. We ordered the food and looked around us and there were people on other tables with bottles of alcohol. This is not a "HALAL" restaurant and the management are lying to customers. We will not be returning here again!!!!!!!!!!!

2  Thank dcsi64

Reviewed December 27, 2012

This is what curry is all about. I have never seen the Lahore quiet. It has a constant stream of satisfied customers. Things you should know: dish descriptions are unlikely to be anything like your local take away but don't despair the dish will be excellent; the Naans are all freshly made; the lamb chops are the best; the kebab rolls are brilliant; please try the Methi Gosht it is marvellous; the service is brisk and efficient; the bill is unlikely to exceed £ 15 per head even if you stuff your face.

In fact don't trust me just simply search for this restaurant online and read the reviews: http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2012/jul/27/london-top-five-curry-houses

This is simply the best curry I have ever eaten and I have eaten a few in my time!

Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

Went in for dinner with my family the restaurant was busy as every one was dining down stair they also have dining area upstairs no one was there so every one was cramped at the main restaurant service was attentive but there was many inexperience waiters around who was looking for help from others while taking orders from customers food was average nothing to scream about overall good restaurant .

Reviewed December 3, 2012

We fancied a curry and wanted something a bit different form our go to curry house (Indian Room in Balham if you're interested!) and heard some noises about this little place offering a touch of sub-continental authenticity in a cool informal atmosphere.

From the outset, there's nothing special about the Lahore Kahari, in fact almost everything about it is average, with the canteen, sharing tables layout probably going to put a few people off, but this uniqueness is exactly why this place is great little find.

It bodes well when at 8.30 the place is busy with a nice fifty fifty mix of ethnic to white mix, suggests the traditional Indian/Pakistani community rate the taste as well as the white Brits.

Again, I don't want to suggest the food was excellent, it wasn't, but it was good and it was cheap, the onion bhaji’s were poor if I’m honest and the levels of butter used on almost everything we ate would horrify most people, but that’s how they do it in India and that's how they do it here.

Service was good, and it's bring your own so you're saving some bunse on the booze.

To sum up, the Lahore Kahari produces average food in a cool informal setting that most people will enjoy if you want a different, authentic curry experience.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

First visit to this restaurant. Perfect quality, value and service. Mixed grill starter was fantastic, curries were authentic and fresh. Three kinds of bread were all very good. We took our own wine and the bill fot three was £50 and we took away more than we ate. We will return often.