“Stunning!”
Review of The Orangery

The Orangery
Reserve with OpenTable
The Orangery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,449 of 25,280 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 7, 2017

I was here for a Q&A with author, Daisy Goodwin - and it is quite simply stunning.

The staff were all lovely and the entire experience was one of quality.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,350)

Reviewed November 5, 2017 via mobile

I’ve just taken my mum in law for afternoon tea as a birthday treat. She has an allergy to seeds so I emailed her dietary requirement well ahead of our visit.
I was looking forward to a selection of sandwiches but with plain white/brown bread... not a problem for me, I don’t mind!
But, up came a plate of cucumber and mint, salmon and cream cheese and cheese and chutney.
I called waiter to say that we haven’t got the ham or coronation chicken. He returned with a plate of the same sandwiches much later, except one was cucumber and tomato, hmm.
So if you have an allergy it seems That you can’t we have the full range disappointing!
Everything else was lovely, check out our pictures.
It’s handy if you are visiting the palace and I imagine fantastic in the summer with the outside area.
The room is vast and ornate. Great for a special occasion but not so if you have special requirements.

Reviewed November 4, 2017 via mobile

My daughter and I very much enjoyed tea here. We were seated quickly even though we were 30 minutes early for our reservation. The food and service was excellent. The waiter helped up choose the teas and switched out our plate of small sandwiches when she overheard we were vegetarian. BTW-the sweets were delicious!

Reviewed November 4, 2017 via mobile

We booked prior to visiting the Diana exhibition for lunch.
Was seated straight away at a table by the windows.
Ordered lunch, chicken, mushroom Risotto, banoffee pie and brownie. All was served quickly and the main course was hot (for me that’s a plus point).
Service was very good and prompt but felt it was let down by the lack of atmosphere in the Orangery and also felt the tables were very bare and lack some finesse, perhaps a centre piece of sorts?

Reviewed October 30, 2017

My previous visits in London have always been very brief but this time I had time to kill. Hence, time to check out the Orangery. We went for a tour of Kensington Palace and walked to the Orangery. Were seated immediately and went on to have a nice afternoon tea with a friend. No complaints, staffs were very friendly and the tea was good as well. Will bring my sister the next time for sure..Love it.

Been to The Orangery? Share your experiences!