“Good food, long wait which could have been avoided, poor service and very loud for a conversation.”
Review of Big Easy - Chelsea

Big Easy - Chelsea
Reserve with OpenTable
Big Easy - Chelsea is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,226 of 23,995 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Cross street: Paultons Square
Transit: Bus 11, 19 and 22. 20 minute walk from Sloane Square and South Kensington Underground Stations
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

We went in at 8.30 on a Friday night and got put on an hour long waiting list. We came back 45 minutes later only to wait to finally be seated at 10, though there were 5 cleared and ready tables for 2 just waiting to be filled. We finally got seated then waited ages for our mains which were delicious. The food is great, but all the waiting around kind of puts you off if you are eating at 10pm as it is. We had ribs with coleslaw and bean and fajitas. All excellent.

There is a live band downstairs who are amazing but very loud. A normal conversation is not possible without lip reading and voice raising. Not ideal for a date, but fine for mates meeting up I guess.
The service was quite poor and forgetful of our drinks order and generally slow.

Nice for the experience but wouldn't go back. I don't like feeling like I've been tricked and I did here. They make people wait so they buy more drinks and give the impression they're busier than they are, which they don't need to since there are plenty of people in!

1  Thank iainandanna
Write a ReviewReviews (1,808)

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Booked here for my daughters 16th birthday on a saturday night. It was packed, but the atmosphere was lively. We sat downstairs which has tight seating, they even managed to squeeze in an acustics set, which added a nice touch to the evening. Food was great, lots of choice and there were some interesting combinations around. Highly recommend, but book in advance.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

The people who wrote the bad reviews about this place, are probably at the moment complaining to their psychiatrist about how unfair life is! Our experience ... from the moment we entered the place we were met with a lovely host Genta who led us to the bar and introduced us to the lovely barman Ekrem. We opted for the fab cocktails served by Ekrem while waiting for the rest of our friends to join us. We all got together and ordered Atlantic crab, whole lobster and all you can eat fajitas with beef, chicken and prawns. Throughout our dinner the host Genta and the barman Ekrem kept checking that everything is fine and if we needed anything. Did I mention the speedy arrival of food? Do visit the place and see for yourself. Excellent!

1  Thank Martin C
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Managed to get late booking here on a Saturday night. Table wasn't until ten pm and the atmosphere was great, frozen cocktails and fresh Maine lobster were to die for. Live band playing downstairs made for great entertainment.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

We have been meaning to go to the Big Easy for a while now having heard good things and looking at the menu, it looked to good to be true, and to a point it was.

First impressions were good, really felt like you were in an authentic BBQ joint in the US, decor is rustic which added to the good feelings.

So seated, we waited and waited, it was Lunch and there were 4 waiting staff to serve maybe 6 occupied tables, well all I can say is that they concentrated on the 2 tables that looked like they might Tip the largest (American Tourists) Eventually got the Free drinks which come with the menu Margarita and a 275ml Beer, after asking for drinks 20 minutes at the table, again we have to ask to have our food orders to be taken.

My choice was the lunchtime £9.95 menu, Voodoo Wings (Exceptional) Pure Beef Burger (Great) slaw and hand made fries (Fries were horrible recooked, reheated, and serving plate hot), my Wife went for the 2lb Lobster Menu at a Very reasonalable £19.95, the lobster was ok, although soft shelled, meaning boil in the bag style I think, small side salad and those famous hand made (over cooked, reheated Yuk) Fries. Interestingly our 2 Tourist tables had thin very fresh fries, which I would have asked for had the food not taken an age to come out. Mains came without appetisers being cleared even after 25 minutes.

Again we had to ask for extra drinks, not offered water, second round eventually came after we had almost finished the food.

Surprisingly we had to ask for the desert menu but declined after the hearty meal, at which point the waiter seemed to adopt a personality and an attentiveness by someone expecting a hearty tip (how disappointing for him). I must point out that the "Tourist Tables" had been served and attentively served during the whole dining experience and they seemed extremely happy.

Now maybe this was a lunchtime service that isnt manic like I would expect the evenings to be but none the less, this was my first time here which I made known when I booked the table (although no need on a Tuesday Lunchtime) and the booker was very pleasant and inviting, shame th execution was way below expectations.

I have promised to take the kids there and I would imagine that an evening experience will be quite different. My opinion at the moment is one of disappointment and indifference, will the family trip be the first of many or the first and last, that remains to be seen in about 2 weeks time.