“Average but handy” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #630 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Kent, UK
“Average but handy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

Greeted by the grumpy front of house staff member we were showed to our noisy room. If it wasn't so close to the West End I wouldn't have paid to stay here but as we were seeing a show it was nice to have such a short walk to get back at the end of the evening. The road noise is incessant though so be warned!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

I'm about to check out of this hotel and must say it's decidedly average. It's clean and tidy and the bed is comfy but it's only single glazed and sits on one of London's busiest streets so the road noise is pretty much constant. We're in a room facing the road, it might be quiet in the back. The breakfast is cereal, fruit salad in syrup, a roll, a mini pastry and a croissant. It's advertised as continental but no ham, cold meat or cheese are provided. The tables are set with a knife, fork and spoon but I couldn't figure out why, apart from appearances, the fork was there, LOL. It's 15 mins walk from Covent Garden which is of course the only reason to stay here, it's not cheap but it's the location you pay for.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stayed in the triple room with en suite both of which were clean and totally adequate for our needs. The room was on the top floor but the exercise was good for us :)
Everything was clean and the beds comfortable.
Breakfast was continental and the coffee fresh. The dining area is small, considering the number of rooms, but was not a problem when we were there. The staff are polite and efficient.
It was ideally situated between Euston Station and the Strand theatres, which was our reason for being there.
We would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Stuart M
Manchester, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

I stayed in a single room which must have been one of the smallest hotel rooms I have stayed in. Not much bigger than a box rom. The place however was spotless nod very clean throughout. The wireless worked without any problems. The room had a kettle and tea and coffee making facilities. I had to leave early so cannot say much about the breakfast. The hotel is within 10 minutes walk away from Euston station and very conveniently located in that respect.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Barcelona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

Staff is helpful, location is good, but facilities are pretty poor. I stayed in the hotel in September this year for 2 nights. At the moment of arrival, I was asked to pay upfront for the 2 nights - I only got to see the room before paying because I asked to see it (and got some strange looks when what is strange is to have to pay upfront in a hotel). The morning after the first night, they asked me to change rooms as there was some unexpected maintenance work that they needed to do in my room. They offered to move my stuff while I was out visiting - my surprise when I went back at around 8pm to the hotel was that they had moved into a box rather than a room, for which I still had to pay 100 pounds. To make matters worse, that evening while I was reading on the bed (no where else to sit), I saw a big insect (that ended up being a spider) crossing my bed. Receptionist captured the insect for me and at my request, offered to change me to another room - but he explained that that other room, located in the basement, was quite hot due to being next to the heating and overlooking the street so you could not open the window. All in all, a very disappointing experience. I would not recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: If you need a single room, check out size of the room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Viajera102

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Derbyshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Very impressed with this hotel. We went to see a show in the West End and needed somewhere central to stay. Location was perfect, staff were friendly and helpful, room was simple but clean and comfortable (bathroom was especially pleasant), breakfast was a standard continental selection with fresh filter coffee (not instant!). Good check-in/check-out times were very convenient for us (2pm and 11am respectively).

Only slight negative points were limited storage for clothes and limited space in the breakfast room, although neither of these were a problem for us.

Overall a great place to stay if you are looking for somewhere comfortable and convenient to stay in central London at a reasonable price. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Musicalitom
Groningen, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

when I checked I asked for a quite room. So they gave me the room on the first floor with his one hall way in sided. so there was no sounds interrupting my sleep. this hotel is close to the park. so every day I had a lovely morning walk. and its very handy that it's close to the Paddington station.

Room Tip: ask for the room on the first floor in de back.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo