Tripadvisor

Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Clapham / Battersea
Description: Recently refurbished and tucked away from the hustle and bustle of the High Street, The Stonhouse is one of Clapham's best kept secrets. Boasting a lovely heated garden and a roaring log fire in winter, foodies will appreciate the modern European menu, in particular the fantastic steaks. Discerning drinkers will enjoy the award-winning wines, well kept cask ales and proper cocktails. "Excellent cask ales in tip-top condition... Fresh and good quality, honest food." Time Out
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We really enjoyed our lunch here. Our first visit - Four of us all had different starters and mains, all good and everybody happy. Good service from a friendly waitress. Would certainly re-visit.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (252)

Reviewed January 12, 2020 via mobile

I wasn’t quite sure what to expect but this pub surprised me. We were four in total, the hostess accommodated us to a nice table. Sunday roasts on my table were very good, the fish and chips not so good, wine list is also fine. Got very busy but it didn’t bother us. Tables are spaced from one another. I definitely recommend!

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed December 17, 2019 via mobile

Generally great but last visit was hit with £13.50 for a double G+T.
Seems a little excessive when the same drnk was £9.50 in Soho house last week.. I did question this but...apparently it is what it is.
Would definitely return but not for the gin.

Reviewed December 8, 2019 via mobile

We use this pub/restaurant to meet up as a family as we are spread around and it’s a nice location and the pub has a lovely atmosphere. They have a nice selection of wines and drinks and the menu choice is small but nice.

Sometimes we have had lovely meals in here but this time it was awful. The food was bland and tasteless and the service not great. We did complain to one of the staff and they just looked blankly. We asked for the Manager and she was more helpful and understood what we were saying.

My wife and I both ordered the fish and chips, when it first came out it came with all the dregs of the left over chips and we sent them back and said we would not eat them, they changed them for the chunky chips but when it came back these chips were not even cooked in the middle. The batter on the fish was thick, undercooked and horrible. I managed to eat some of mine but my wife picked at the fish.

They didn’t charge us for her dinner.

We had to wait ages for drinks and food and they were very busy so said they were not usually this busy this late on a a Sunday, but as it’s a run up to Xmas I would have thought they would be.

When we ordered the puddings mine was lovely, I had the crumble, although could have done with more custard! The kids ordered chocolate brownie and ice cream, when it came up the ice cream tasted weird so we asked why and they said it was vegan. We said we didn’t want vegan but they said we should have asked as it said V on the menu. Very weird we were not given a choice. The puddings went back too!

Overall a very disappointing meal and the grease from the fish made me feel sick all night. Not sure we will be returning again and will find an alternative next time we meet in Clapham.

Reviewed December 4, 2019 via mobile

A group of 11 of us had the Christmas lunch menu - great value (£22.50 for three courses), tasty food and a lovely festive atmosphere. Friendly, helpful staff who accommodated our food allergies. Would recommend!