“Attentive, polite service and wonderful food”

Osteria Antica Bologna
Reserve with OpenTable
Osteria Antica Bologna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,316 of 22,827 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Clapham / Battersea
Description: Fresh Italian food served in a relaxed and cozy atmosphere. Lots of daily special and an amazing-for-value set lunch available Monday to Friday! Great wine-list covering from the classic Barolo to the rarer Pecorino wine from Marches.
Kabul
“Attentive, polite service and wonderful food”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Mid-week visit with friend who has eaten there many times and thoroughly recommends it. Busy but we were found a good table quickly. Very attentive service, great waiting staff and also very quick service. Very tasty starters, bruschetta and buffalo mozzarella. For the main course we decided upon the grilled tuna - expertly cooked and tender enough to cut easily but not dry or chewy, and sea food pasta. We requested that one particular ingredient be removed from the dish and they were happy to oblige. Did not try the wine but enjoyed a good prosecco. Great experience and can't fault anything. Will certainly return.

4 Thank Karteseh

London, England, United Kingdom
“Celebration Dinner”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Went to Osteria with 2 friends for some celebrations.
Food was lovely - had the Carpaccio of Beef, Lamb and a selection of desserts.
Atmosphere was great - sometimes took a bit to get someone's attention but they were exceedingly busy. Price was quite reasonable for 3 people with alcohol.
It's rustic, authentic and would highly recommend.

London, United Kingdom
“Authentic Italian restaurant”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I went to Osteria Antica Bologna with two friends to celebrate my new job. We ordered a few starters to share and they were all lovely - especially the bruschetta with buffalo mozzarella. Service was very attentive. Pasta and meat course was delicious as well and we finished dinner with a selection of desserts. Panna cotta and pear & chocolate tart are highly recommended!! Simple but delicious food - I'm definitely going back soon!

1 Thank hexe2910
Fort Myers, Florida
“Delightful”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Although we live locally, I hadn't been there for years. It was a sunny Bank Holiday Monday and there were many Italians dining there, always a good sign! The staff were very helpful, the house wine was lovely and the food was delicious!!! We had asparagus, minestrone, monkfish and crab fettuccine and we thoroughly enjoyed everything. We were sooo comfortable that another bottle of wine seemed in order, with tiramisu, and the best panna cotta I have ever had. The chef and his wife took time to chat and were lovely. We left just before evening service started and will definitely return very soon. Delightful!

2 Thank Maria350
london
“Grate evening for a birthday”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I went at Osteria Antica bologna with my boyfriend for my birthday.
This restaurant is not new for me,but he was for him:he really liked it!
We had two starters to share and they were really simple but testy and just with the right amount of olive oil..I think the trick is have a good product to start with..
Then we had past with seafood and again was so nice! The pasta cooked at perfection and the sauce really light.
The two mains were fabulous !!!
The presentation of the lamb was grate and it was so soft...yuummyyy!!
The duck was something special again:just try it!!
My boyfriend doesn't drink so I had a glass of wine with each of my courses.
The service was good and friendly and Marzio was exceptional as always!
Thanks for the wonderful evening ;)
See you soon!!