“Grate evening for a birthday”

Osteria Antica Bologna
Reserve with OpenTable
Osteria Antica Bologna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,695 of 22,376 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Clapham / Battersea
Description: Fresh Italian food served in a relaxed and cozy atmosphere. Lots of daily special and an amazing-for-value set lunch available Monday to Friday! Great wine-list covering from the classic Barolo to the rarer Pecorino wine from Marches.
london
“Grate evening for a birthday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

I went at Osteria Antica bologna with my boyfriend for my birthday.
This restaurant is not new for me,but he was for him:he really liked it!
We had two starters to share and they were really simple but testy and just with the right amount of olive oil..I think the trick is have a good product to start with..
Then we had past with seafood and again was so nice! The pasta cooked at perfection and the sauce really light.
The two mains were fabulous !!!
The presentation of the lamb was grate and it was so soft...yuummyyy!!
The duck was something special again:just try it!!
My boyfriend doesn't drink so I had a glass of wine with each of my courses.
The service was good and friendly and Marzio was exceptional as always!
Thanks for the wonderful evening ;)
See you soon!!

• Visited April 2013
4 Thank LondonClod

Hornchurch, United Kingdom
“Comfortable quiet backstreet osteria”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Perhaps more verging on a restaurant than an osteria as there is nice space around the tables and in the evenings you might have to reserve. Visitors stream here from a nearby hotel and it is worth it for the classically hearty bologna staples. Everyone, localss and tourists, seem to start on the antipasti first with the usual trimming of mortadella alongside marinated vegetables and beans. Secondly there are the fresh pasta dishes followed by a short range of both fish and meat dishes. Big portions. Did not make it to desert. Comfortable and a comfy place to spend an evening. Look out for the traditional meat cutting machine.

• Visited March 2013
5 Thank Elpescadosucio
London
“Excellent place to eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

A great meal and it was busy on a Monday evening. The staff are friendly, efficient and helpful, the food was delicious, wine great and no problem with ordering tap water. Very good indeed - my second time of visiting and will definitely be back.

• Visited February 2013
4 Thank EllyDouglass
London, United Kingdom
“An Italian Italian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

We had a great meal here last night, all food was well prepared the Italian way, you could tell quality ingredients friendly staff good wine cant complain!

• Visited January 2013
5 Thank Andrew G
Hampton, United Kingdom
“Great local trattoria”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

My business partner and I met here for lunch in the run up to Christmas. It was everything we had hoped for; unpretentious, welcoming, food-focused and convivial. We both ate off the 'special' menu - £17.50 for three courses - antipasti, primi and secondi - topped off of course with a modicum of dolce and a limoncello. Great value for memorable cooking. The lady manageress was knowledgeable and friendly and our waitress was always there when we needed her. I can't remember what my friend had but I can certainly vouch for the quality of the bruschetta, spaghetti with wild boar and 'spatchcock' pollo - not an Italian word I know but I forget how it was described on the menu. All were excellent. The panettone bread and butter pudding did not reach quite the same heights. I thought it was a little bit dry. That's why I needed the limoncello, of course. A lovely meal and I am sure that we will be back. My daughter lives in the Clapham Junction area and I have recommended the Osteria to her already.

• Visited December 2012